where do I find the synaptics gesture suite RRS feed

• Question

•  How can I get software / drivers to support the swipe in from the side on my touchpad.

I understand that you need synaptics gesture suite 12.3 which supports charms bar etc. in Win8 but Synaptics support site only showcases the features!

Can you please give me a link for this?

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:39 AM

Answers

• The public release of SGS 12.3 will be after 26 October, when Windows 8 hits general availablity.

Synaptic will officially provide download links on their website once it is released.

Please wait and visit Synaptic website after 26th October.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:41 AM
  • ask synaptics, we are not a general support forum.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:16 PM
  • The new driver (v16.2.21) released by Synaptics on 6th November features all the gestures for Windows 8.

Please visit the official download page here: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

NOTE:
    You must have compatible hardware. Some compatible Synaptics trackpads are:
    •ClearPad
    •ClickPad
    •cPad
    •DisplayPad
    •ForcePad
    •Styk
    •TouchPad
    •TouchScreen
    •TouchStyk
    •Wheelpad
    •Wireless TouchPad

Check you laptop manufacturer's website for more information about your trackpad.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:00 AM

All replies

• ask synaptics, we are not a general support forum.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:16 PM
  • ok. You can close this thread.
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Quite an unhelpful and arrogant answer!
    Saturday, September 1, 2012 11:17 PM
  • The public release of SGS 12.3 will be after 26 October, when Windows 8 hits general availablity.

Synaptic will officially provide download links on their website once it is released.

Please wait and visit Synaptic website after 26th October.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:41 AM

It is not MS's responsibility to answer questions about every pievce of software, just those that they sell and support.

Welcome to the big bad world where common sense prevails.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:08 AM
  • Yes, you'll often find that people are unnecessarily rude in the big bad world instead of just politely saying 'sorry, you need to ask Synaptics about that'.
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:05 PM

It is not MS's responsibility to answer questions about every pievce of software, just those that they sell and support.

Welcome to the big bad world where common sense prevails.

In that case the question should have been completely ignored.

If you answer, do it to help, not to show off your MSFT tag. I was an MSFT once but I was taught something else.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:04 PM
  • The new driver (v16.2.21) released by Synaptics on 6th November features all the gestures for Windows 8.

Please visit the official download page here: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

NOTE:
    You must have compatible hardware. Some compatible Synaptics trackpads are:
    •ClearPad
    •ClickPad
    •cPad
    •DisplayPad
    •ForcePad
    •Styk
    •TouchPad
    •TouchScreen
    •TouchStyk
    •Wheelpad
    •Wireless TouchPad

Check you laptop manufacturer's website for more information about your trackpad.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:00 AM