none
How to RDP into Hypervisor VM's on Server 2008 R2 during a failover? RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to get all my Server 2012 R2 VM's protected in Azure and I can create an end-point to then RDP to the Servers--I have the same setup with my Server 2008 R2 VM's which are protected w/in Azure Site Recovery Vault via Hyper-V site; however, I am unable to RDP to the Server 2008 R2 VM's.

Is there something else I can try, or is there a workaround?

I am just confused why I am able to host the VM's and enable protection and replication, but cannot RDP via endpoint just as I could with the Server 2012 R2 VM's. 

I am puzzled, thank you for any suggestions.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 1:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Timothy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

1. Do you get any error message or error code?

• Maybe you can resize the instance of the virtual machine, making it larger. If it does not work, you can delete and recreate the virtual machine. When you delete the virtual machine, please detach the data disk from the virtual machine.

You could resize the VM as per your requirement and to the available VM size, kindly refer the link below for more details on this:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn168976(v=nav.70).aspx

However, you can also refer to the Troubleshoot Remote Desktop connections to an Azure virtual machine running Windows. 

Can you try deleting the RDP endpoint and recreating the endpoint to see if the rule created by you is overridden.

When you create an endpoint for the virtual machine, you'll need to ensure that the firewall of the virtual machine also allows the traffic for the protocol and private port corresponding to the endpoint configuration

For more information, related Remote Desktop connections issues; Click here

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries.

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:38 PM