Security Questions RRS feed

• Question

• I moved the roles and users screens to a new group in the using the properties screen in the file explorer for the application code. I also moved some screens to the administration group. Will the security/permissions code I wrote following Beth's examples and the code written for the security screens remain valid even though the screens will display under new group tags?
    Monday, July 14, 2014 3:50 AM

Answers

• The place of the security admin screens will not affect the security/permission code you wrote.

Did you notice any problem?

The easiest way to check this is, is to put a breakpoint in the specific permission related code you wrote and of course to check if everything is from a functional perspective as before.

paul van bladel

• Marked as answer by reigh7 Friday, July 18, 2014 8:15 PM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 8:24 AM

All replies

• The place of the security admin screens will not affect the security/permission code you wrote.

Did you notice any problem?

The easiest way to check this is, is to put a breakpoint in the specific permission related code you wrote and of course to check if everything is from a functional perspective as before.

paul van bladel

• Marked as answer by reigh7 Friday, July 18, 2014 8:15 PM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

We can use the Roles screen and the Users screen to define roles, assign permissions to the roles, and assign roles to users or groups of users.

According to your description above, I think this issue is related to user or group of users adding and removing.  :) 

Reference: Administering a LightSwitch Application  

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:09 AM
  • No I didn't notice a problem  I was just making sure.
    Friday, July 18, 2014 8:14 PM