remove project from team foundation server RRS feed

• Question

• How do I remove the "team" from a visual studio solution?

I have a project I downloaded from the MSFT open source site. When I open the project it wants to connect to the TFS server. The connect attempt times out and I select the option to work offline.  How do I change the project to not want to connect to the TFS server?

thanks,

Thursday, July 8, 2010 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you Bind the project to Source Control (or) Checked-in to Source Control?

You can disconnect the TFS Server from Team Explorer and then close the Visual Studio. Next time when you open your solution in Visual Studio, it may not try to connect to TFS Server.

• Marked as answer by Steve Richter Friday, July 9, 2010 12:15 PM
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 9:19 PM
  • Hi SteveRichter,

Jehan33 has posted good suggestion on your concern.

Here is some supplement that you can do:

- Download Team Explorer 2008 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0ed12659-3d41-4420-bbb0-a46e51bfca86&displaylang=en and install it
    - Open the project in Visual Studio 2008
    - click the solution file 
    - Go to File menu >> click Source Control >> Change Source Control
    - Unbind the project from Source Control

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you Bind the project to Source Control (or) Checked-in to Source Control?

You can disconnect the TFS Server from Team Explorer and then close the Visual Studio. Next time when you open your solution in Visual Studio, it may not try to connect to TFS Server.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 9:19 PM
  • Hi SteveRichter,

Jehan33 has posted good suggestion on your concern.

Here is some supplement that you can do:

- Download Team Explorer 2008 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0ed12659-3d41-4420-bbb0-a46e51bfca86&displaylang=en and install it
    - Open the project in Visual Studio 2008
    - click the solution file 
    - Go to File menu >> click Source Control >> Change Source Control
    - Unbind the project from Source Control

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 8:31 AM