none
Please bring sender included in reply-all RRS feed

• Question

• Please, please, please give us some option to include the sender when replying all.  

I send out an e-mail every day and want myself copied (automatically) each day so that I receive the e-mail in my in-box.  I do this so that the next day I can open it, edit it and reply-all again.   I don't want to have to remember to add myself back into the TO line everyday on top of making the needed edits. 

This worked beautifully for the past 5 years.  Now it's just plain annoying.   I can understand why someone might not want to get the response they just sent.....they know what they wrote, but in my case, I'd at least like an option to include sender in reply-all messages.

Many thanks.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could find the Email from "Sent Items" folder instead. The email you sent will be in this folder.

If you insist opening the item from Inbox, you could use Application.ItemSend Event (Outlook) and Recipients.Add Method (Outlook) in ThisOutlookSession.

It might be like this:

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
       Item.Recipients.Add ("v-junhua@microsoft.com")
    End Sub
    In addition, MailItem.ReplyAll Event (Outlook) may give you help.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 6, 2014 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can use the AutoBCC add-in, it adds the sender to the CC field automatically. It seems this is exactly what you are looking for.

The current forum is for developers. I'd recommend asking non-programming questions in the Outlook IT Pro Discussions or Microsoft Community forums instead.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:12 PM
  • Hi,

You could find the Email from "Sent Items" folder instead. The email you sent will be in this folder.

If you insist opening the item from Inbox, you could use Application.ItemSend Event (Outlook) and Recipients.Add Method (Outlook) in ThisOutlookSession.

It might be like this:

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
       Item.Recipients.Add ("v-junhua@microsoft.com")
    End Sub
    In addition, MailItem.ReplyAll Event (Outlook) may give you help.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 6, 2014 7:59 AM