• General discussion

• Hi i am developing LightSwitch HTML client using VS 2013

need some ideas for,

I am having one browse screen for eg please refer the below,

BrowseEmployee 

ID Name Age
    1 Srikanth 25
    2 Ashok 25

when i click on any row, it will lead to another screen (Not to the same entity View screen). In the another screen i am going to show with the lot of details,

ViewResourceAllocation

ID Name Role Allocation
    1 Srikanth Developer 0.5
    1 Srikanth Architect 0.5
    2 Ashok Tester 0.6
    2 Ashok Manager 0.4

and in this screen i am pulling from SQL view entity, this will have ID field which is common to the previous screen (BrowseEmployee)

Now my question is,

1. If i click the ID 1 employee in the 1st screen here i need to show only the Employee ID 1 details alone.

2. Even i tried to pass the value as parameter to the filters in the second screen, nothing is working out.

so it will be convenient if i pass the value as filter parameter to the other screen. 

Can anyone please tell me how to sort out this issue ?

thanks!

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Srikanth,

For this issue, you need pass parameter to another screen, this will help you,

See:

How to Open a Open Another Screen (with or without Parameters) 

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 20, 2015 11:41 AM
  • This series might also be of help:

http://www.sadev.co.za/content/lightswitch-passing-data-between-screens-series-list

Saturday, March 21, 2015 8:21 PM