none
Connecting Sharepoint List to AzureDW using ADFv2 through Odata connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to bring data from a Sharepoint online list to Azure DataWarehouse using DataFactory V2's Odata connector

Here for the Odata Linked service one of the Authentication types is "AAD service Principal with Key".

Can someone explain me the steps to implement the "AAD service Principal with Key" 

Any detailed documentation would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sahil

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hello Sahil, and thank you for your inquiry.  Could you please take a look at this related MSDN thread, and then let me know if it helps at all?  Confirmation of whether the instructions I transcribed help you , would mean a lot.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85ab91ef-0336-4832-b750-2ed007b030a9/access-sharepoint-list-data-using-adf?forum=AzureDataFactory
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:49 PM
  • Hi Martin, I did implement the steps mentioned in the above link i.e with "AAD Service principal with Cert" and it ran succesfully

Though,when I implemented the Odata linked service for the authentication type "AAD Service principal with Key" by taking the above link as reference the connection failed with error "Failed to create OData connection to RequestUrl Activity ID: 9d97fc81-93c9-450c-a4aa-931703559d48."

My constraints require me to implement the Odata linked service with the authentication "AAD Service principal with Key" 

Any help regarding this would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Sahil

Monday, August 19, 2019 11:23 AM
  • From my internal investigation, is appears that only certificate is allowed in this case.  I will try to get an explanation why, but my resources say

We need to use “AAD Service principal with Cert” auth type in OData to connect to SharePoint Online

and cite

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/security-apponly-azuread

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:13 PM
  • The response I got was that Sharepoint is not supporting key at this time.
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:35 PM