none
How to insert XML data into Oracle table using WCF-Oracle Adapter

Question

• I need to insert the whole xml message into Oracle table using WCF-Oracle Adapter. Any body has experience with such requirements? The Oracle version is 10g. It is not clear yet whether using XMLDB or BLOB data type. But either option should be OK. I read some tech documents from Oracle, they said XMLDB supports FTP protocol. Does that mean I can use FTP Adapter to transer the whole XML message into Oracle XMLDB?

Thanks!

Zhenwen

• Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Monday, January 31, 2011 4:15 AM Related to adapters (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:32 PM

Answers

• hi 

Check this post which describes how to pass XML as a parameter to Oracle or SQL

Please mark this as answer if it helps.
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
    BizTalk blog: http://www.EnterpriseApplicationsDevelopment.com/
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:48 PM
  • Since you mentioned WCF-Oracle Adapter, I am assuming you are using BizTalk and not just plain WCF.

The way I have done this is use "Blob" as Data Type and then created a Orchestration to assign the entire XML to a variable and then construct the message to be sent to the WCF-Oracle Port in a Message Assignment. I also had some meta data on top of the Blob so that a ASP.Net front end could present it.

You can find WCF-Oracle Example here .

HTH,

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:52 PM

All replies

• hi 

Check this post which describes how to pass XML as a parameter to Oracle or SQL

Please mark this as answer if it helps.
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
    BizTalk blog: http://www.EnterpriseApplicationsDevelopment.com/
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:48 PM
  • Since you mentioned WCF-Oracle Adapter, I am assuming you are using BizTalk and not just plain WCF.

The way I have done this is use "Blob" as Data Type and then created a Orchestration to assign the entire XML to a variable and then construct the message to be sent to the WCF-Oracle Port in a Message Assignment. I also had some meta data on top of the Blob so that a ASP.Net front end could present it.

You can find WCF-Oracle Example here .

HTH,

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:52 PM