[WP8.1] Can't identify the reason for crash: bad_dump!missing_teb

Question

• Hi there, I suddenly found a crash in devcenter that I really don't now how to identify. Would you be so kind to help? I can provide cab file if it's necessary

Problem function:bad_dump!missing_teb
    Exception type:BAD_DUMP_MISSING_MEMORY_ZEROED_STACK_MISSING_CLR_METADATA_bad_dump!missing_teb
    Stack trace:

Frame    Image                             Function                                                                                                                                                                                       Offset       
    0        bad_dump                          missing_teb                                                                                                                                                                                    0x00000000

Thanks a lot!

• Edited by AvelN Thursday, May 07, 2015 11:51 AM
    Thursday, May 07, 2015 9:47 AM

All replies

• It's a bad dump, so you can't get any information from it. I would ignore this unless you start getting lots of them.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, May 07, 2015 3:11 PM
  • How are you trying to open the dump file? WinDbg is very good at opening dump files that are partially corrupt but not perfect.

Debugging Tools for Windows (WinDbg, KD, CDB, NTSD)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063(v=vs.85).aspx

-James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Thursday, May 07, 2015 6:19 PM
  • I still get this crashes. Can it actually be one of the ways to show out of memory and memory leaks problem?
    Monday, May 25, 2015 8:13 PM