Hardware Buttons on Asus EP121

Question

• So I'm trying to get the hardware buttons on my ASUS EP121 working, but they don't seem to be working. I did notice that holding the "home" button brings up the ALT+CTRL+DEL menu, but pressing it once does nothing, neither do the keyboard or volume buttons. The G Sensor doesn't seem to work either.

I have tried downloading the drivers but after a restart I keep getting "install ACPI" popups.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 2:19 AM

Answers

• Hey everyone- we do not have a proper Windows sensor driver for this hardware platform. The driver is proprietary and does not work with Windows 8 screen rotation or apps.

If we get updates, I'll post info on the "Tailoring your Metro style app for hardware and devices" forum.

Thanks,
    Gavin

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:48 PM

All replies

• Hey there,

While this may be attributed to it being a pre-release, Windows Developer Preview, and not all functionality/features may be added within this version. I am currently not aware of how hardware functions will be added to the hardware specifications.

Thanks for continuing to test it out.

Bobby

Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:17 PM
    Answerer
  • Hey everyone- we do not have a proper Windows sensor driver for this hardware platform. The driver is proprietary and does not work with Windows 8 screen rotation or apps.

If we get updates, I'll post info on the "Tailoring your Metro style app for hardware and devices" forum.

Thanks,
    Gavin

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:48 PM