none
Webcam image capture using WIA in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I need VBA code will open a box showing the live webcam image so you can aim and focus.
    Then when a capture button is pressed a snapshot is taken it will put into the first image box if additional photos are taken it will put into the other three boxes. The delete button will delete all photos. All photos need to be captured at the maximum resolution of the webcam 1280x960. The file is attached.

Webcam Excel file

Thank you for help.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:22 AM

All replies

• I think WIA is obsolete.  It was used in Windows XP but Windows 7 doesn't support it.  At least that is my understanding.  It was replaced with WPD (Windows Portable Devices).  It does use a COM interface so maybe it works with VBA although I haven't found any examples.  Add a reference to the items starting with PortableDevice and use the Object browser to view them. 

I have used a MS tool called Expression Encoder.  It was discontinued a few years ago but they now offer it for free.  It has an SDK and you can use C# or VB.NET.  You may be able to integrate some Office solution using VSTO or NetOffice.

• Edited by mogulman52 Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:33 PM