Error updating JScript IntelliSense: jquery.ui.dialog.js: Object doesn't support this property or method RRS feed

• Question

• User-1723899217 posted

Hi,

In my ASP.NET MVC2 RC2 Visual Studio 2008 project I try to use jQuery dialog boxes. The jQuery version I use is 1.4.1

and jQuery UI version is 1.8.

1- Please advice how to solve the problem with jQuery intellisense warning:

Error updating JScript IntelliSense: C:\..\Scripts\jquery-1.4.1-vsdoc.js: 'childNodes' is null or not an object @ 5814:4

I tried diffrent approaches and advices, but without a success.

The declarations in the page to include jquery.ui.js and jquery.ui.dialog.js caused the intellisense warning.

2- In additiaon, when I include the jqueru-ui.css file I am getting errorrs like:

" Validation (CSS 2.1): 'opacity' is not a known CSS property name in jquery-ui.css". It is possible to clear these errors?

Thanks,

Paul

Monday, April 5, 2010 5:45 PM

Answers

• User-1723899217 posted

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the late response. I solved the problem with JScript IntelliSense error reported by simply

copying and including from my jQuery UI 1.8 download, the "themes" folder to the ASP.NET MVC

project "Content" folder and setting in Site.master page the reference links:

<link href="../../Content/themes/base/jquery.ui.all.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
    <link href="../../Content/themes/base/jquery.ui.theme.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

Regards,

Paul

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:51 PM

All replies

• User-1757557837 posted

I am having the exact same error while using 1.4.1/1.8/dialog ... don't know what to do but it is rather annoying not getting intellisense.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:53 AM
  • User-1723899217 posted

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the late response. I solved the problem with JScript IntelliSense error reported by simply

copying and including from my jQuery UI 1.8 download, the "themes" folder to the ASP.NET MVC

project "Content" folder and setting in Site.master page the reference links:

<link href="../../Content/themes/base/jquery.ui.all.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
    <link href="../../Content/themes/base/jquery.ui.theme.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

Regards,

Paul

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:51 PM