Lightswitch HTML & Interactive HTML5 Charts RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys!

I was looking for HTML charts framework to integrate in lightswitch html client another day and couldn't find any info. I am aware of Component One, but didn't like it and quite expensive. So, for those who are interested I have created a blog post about Canvas JS charts which I used for one of my projects. I have just started the learning journey, so if you can provide any feedback how I can improve it, I would appreciate that.

Questions I have for now:

1) How to create custom controls and screens, similar to what Component One did using extension kit?

2) As I am using local queries, it is possible to add filter parameter and I can actually trigger charts to filter. Are there any way how I can catch the event when collection is finished filtering, so I can update charts?

Here is a post: http://touch-forms.com/2013/11/lightswitch-html-canvas-js-interactive-html5-charts/

Thanks

Nick

• Edited by nicksav Friday, November 15, 2013 11:54 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 11:47 AM

All replies

• HI Nick

"create custom controls and screens, similar to what Component One did using extension kit"

Thanks for sharing your blog with us, really impressed! For this question, I don't have good sample on my side, I will consult our engineers and Microsoft LightSwitch development team with this, perhaps they could give good solutions for you, thanks for your feedback.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, November 17, 2013 12:23 PM
  • This site is no longer available.  I'd be interested to see your work, did you move it to a different location?
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:04 PM
  • We are using D3JS it totally rocks with LightSwitch.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 8:35 AM
  • Hi musner. You can find the blog post at http://ioi.solutions/2014/04/28/lightswitch-html-canvas-js-interactive-html5-charts/

About d3.js I am also using it at couple projects and also with crossfilter and dc.js and I would say that its working really good. However if you are going to use it especially for mobile devices I would recommend canvas instead of svg.

• Edited by nicksav Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:20 AM
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:19 AM
  • 1) are you referring to screen templates? If so, Michael Washington has some nice articles on his site.

2) I cannot see images in your blog, but I think you can do it with the following hack:

Monkey Patched LightSwitch Screen Collection Queries

HTH,

Josh

• Edited by joshbooker Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:08 PM iphone can't post
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:38 AM