What's the best way to implement a menu bar? RRS feed

• Question

• Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to implement a menu bar in my project, always at the top of the screen. Since it needs to be on every page, I made it a component screen, but many of the options open up dialogue boxes regardless of what page you're on, so what I'm wondering is how to get those dialogue boxes to show up without making each one its own page. Please note that I'm new to this kind of software and have zero coding experience, so explaining a solution through interface controls would be ideal.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:08 PM

All replies

• I assume from your use of "component screen" that this is a WPF project, possibly using Sketchflow. Is that correct?

You mention dialog boxes. By this do you literally mean a Dialog Box (e.g., the MessageBox object), or do you mean "something that displays a choice to the user"? The former cannot (I believe, but I could be wrong) be created in XAML -- dialog boxes are created by code-behind. The latter can pretty much be displayed however you want, and we'll require some more information about what type of objects you're trying to display.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:12 PM