How to disable/gray out some property in collection editor C# ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello folks,
    Is it possible to disable some of the properties listed in the collection editor ?
    Let me explain why I need this to be done. In collection editor, I have all properties that are added at run time, even specifically, some properties I add via collection editor by pressing on the "Add" button but few other properties I add them directly to the collection editor if some condition passes.  So, the properties I add using the second way shouldn't be modified or removed via collection editor at all when it gets listed. So, I wish to know is there anyway that some properties listed can be disabled from being modified. I will be happy if I can hide "Remove" button for certain properties in the collection editor that will do everything for me but I need guidance to do so.
    Also, i need them to be disabled only within the collection editor but should be enabled(not grayed out) in the main property grid where it finally gets listed
    Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Edited by jamie15 Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:31 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi jbv2015,

Based on your description, your case more related to PropertyGrid Control. But many projects have this control. To better understand your issue, here are some questions, please answer me first. Thanks.

1. What's your project type ?
    2. Do you have some screencapture to show us? It could be better to help us understand your issue.
    3. I wonder if you want to change some properties/settings in VS? Or others?

If you have any updates, please let me know.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:51 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:51 AM
  • Hi jbv2015,

Any updates?

How about the problem now?

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 7:55 AM