none
Animation on smart art background RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

ECMA-376 section 19.5.10 says that <p:bg> can be used to animate background of an object. I am trying to find out how do I achieve this using PowerPoint 2010 UI. Is it possible at all?

I tried modifying the slide1.xml for a smart art to have this element and when I loaded the edited pptx in PowerPoint then it worked as expected i.e. it animated the background. So I was wondering where do I get this option in the PowerPoint UI?

is background animation supported on any other kind of object also? if yes then which ones?

Thanks in advance

Rahul
    Friday, April 29, 2011 6:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, rsharma_champ,

Thanks for your question.  One of our engineer will work on it and respond to you soon

Hongwei Sun -MSFT
    Friday, April 29, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Rahul,

I am the engineer who has taken ownership of your issue. I am currently investigating this and will update you as things progress.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:40 PM
  • Rahul,

ECMA-376 Section 19.5.10 details the <p:bg>. This element is used to specify animating the background of an object. This element is a child element of the "spTgt" element. "spTgt" specifies the shape in which to apply a certain animation to (Section 19.5.72 ECMA-376 Second Edition). PowerPoint requires that the spid attribute refer to a cxnSp element, a graphicFrame element, a grpSp element, a pic element, or an sp element on the current slide (Section 2.1.1212 of [MS-OE376]).

cxnSp (Connection Shape) --> Section 19.3.1.19 of ECMA-376 SE (Second Edition)
    graphicFrame (Graphic Frame) --> Section 19.3.1.21 of ECMA-376 SE
    grpSp (Group Shape) --> Section 19.3.1.22 of ECMA-376 SE
    pic (Picture) --> Section 19.3.1.37 of ECMA-376 SE
    sp (Shape) --> Section 19.3.1.43 of ECMA-376 SE

The way this is exhibited through the UI is implementation specific and outside the scope of the documentation.

I hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by King Salemno Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:36 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:23 PM
  • Hi King,

Thanks for the information, But I was more interested in how does PowerPoint (PP) implement this feature and how do I control it through PP UI. Should I ask this question on some other forum (which one?).

Regards

Rahul
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:56 AM
  • Rahul,

This information is implementation specific and is not necessary for interopability.

You could try asking your question again in this forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officegeneral/threads

It seems better suited for your question.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 2:46 PM