none
Touch screen filter driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to write device filter driver for a hid touch device.

The idea is to have one large sensor panel separated into 2 areas: keyboard(engraved) and display area(lcd screen on the bottom).

image - http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/375473

I need to block touch move and click events when they occurred outside the display area and simulate keypress when a key on the keyboard area was touched based on raw coordinates. However, when it is inside display area it should pass to a windows touch interface to provide its original touch device functionality in windows.

I have already tried to read from hid device in user mode which worked out quite well. However switching between two areas caused unwanted touch move events being generated as I had to switch off and switch on touch interface of the system through registry. So I thought about filter driver. Unfortunately I never write them before. Could you give me some tips and wahat examples from ddk to grab and have a start? Maybe you could suggest some templates to start with. 

The sensor panel is Zytronic multi touch screen, it is a hid device which does not require vendor-specific driver and is installed by the system automatically.

Friday, November 15, 2013 11:06 AM

Answers

• You can't do this in a filter driver, you should figure this out in user mode with your original implementation

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:21 PM