none
Display Web-part content in horizontal view SahrePoint Online

Question

• Hi,

I am new to sharepoint online as i want to display web part content ( i.e PDF, Word, Videos) file in horizontal view instead of vertical view. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Himanshu Ratnnakar

Sunday, April 16, 2017 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Himanshu Ratnnakar,

What is the web part you are using in SharePoint?

If it a Content Search web part, we need to create a custom display template for displaying content horizontally. Site Settings > Web Designer Galleries > Master pages and page layouts > Display Templates > Content Web Parts.

If it is a Content Query web part, we need to customize the item style. The location of the item style is \Style Library\XSL Style Sheets.

Here is a demo about how to display items in the Content query Web part horizontally:

https://pholpar.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/displaying-results-in-multiple-columns-using-the-content-query-web-part

Note: Please backup the file before making any change.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 17, 2017 10:34 AM
  • Hi Linda,

Thanks for the quick reply, i am using List/Library Web Part to display content (Documents, video) on my home page.

Current Scenario : I have to display documents according to Login user department. So i have created a document library in which i am collecting documents. I have created Department views and using jquery i am able to display department view according to user login.

Now, i want to display the we b part content in Horizontal view and add the content into slider.

Please help for the same.

Thanks and Regards
    Himanshu Ratnakar

Monday, April 17, 2017 11:30 AM