none
problem in installation process of wdk 7.1.0 RRS feed

• Question

• hi there,

i recently downloaded the windows driver kit 7.1.0 iso file and i burned to dvd using nero soft.

when i use the kitset.exe file to install on my computer i getting a problem every time when i download a new one and burn to disc from microsoft official web site.......,

the problem i getting is 

"kitsetup is unable to validate that this software kit was produced by microsoft corp.

due to digital signature verification error(s)

additional information:

unable to verify that the specified file was signed by microsoft corp.

kit content filename:c:\document and setting\newuser\desktop\wdk\redist\net2.0\x86\dotnetfx.exe

logfile:c:\docume~1\newuser\locals~\temp\wdk-kitsetup.log

[kitsetup version 202.104.808.2200 error code 0*000c caught during initialization of runtime routines]."

i'm runnig the windows xp sp3 and i don't know why it is every time invoking when i used every fresh copy of wdk kit set up

can any one tell me what the cause of this problem and solution to this problem, what i've to do to get rid of it and successfully installation of the wdk 7.1.0 on my sys....

Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:03 AM

Answers

• Make sure when you download it again that you are not getting it from you browser cache. Verify the hash of the ISO before burning it. Or perhaps instead of burning it over and over, mount it instead. The 7.1 kit is somewhat notorious for being picky. Where are you getting the ISO from?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:22 AM

All replies

• Make sure when you download it again that you are not getting it from you browser cache. Verify the hash of the ISO before burning it. Or perhaps instead of burning it over and over, mount it instead. The 7.1 kit is somewhat notorious for being picky. Where are you getting the ISO from?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:22 AM
  • thanks for replaying to me.......

i downloaded it  http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=11800 address

and now i cleared the cache of my browser and put it on download...

now second one as you mentioned that what is hash of the iso i really can't getting it.......

Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:48 AM
  • Any reason you can't use the w8 kit? Different download experience, no ISO, etc

Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:06 AM
  • i got another problem with that before installing the fresh wdk on my sys, there are some component of wdk installed on my sys.

thats i go to 'add or remove program feature' of windows and try to uninstall from my sys they won't go from my sys.......

how i uninstall from my sys, is they effect to new installation of wdk........

Monday, February 18, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Which specific feature are you talking about

Monday, February 18, 2013 6:41 AM