Sharepoint 2007 - Creating a form to capture timesheets data, but need to track updates to previously submitted data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using a basic version of Sharepoint 2007 and do not have access to InfoPath. I have created a list to allow team members to submit their weekly time on specific activities.  How do I go about tracking any changes to previously submitted data?

For instance, a team member enters 5 hours for Activity 1 and submits on April 1.  on April 10 they realize they submitted too few hours and want to go in to edit the 5 hours to 12 hours.

From a reporting perspective we already pulled a report (export to excel) and have the 5 hours listed for April 1. If the user goes in to edit their time sheet from April 1, we don't want the data to just override the 5 hours, we want some sort of flag to show the hours went from 5 to 12 hours.  How do we do this?

As a work around, I added a question at the beginning of the survey/list asking is this a new submission or an edit. I thought if they select edit and were taken to a screen that allowed them to select the date (April 1), the activity and the new hours that I would have all of the previous data plus these 3 columns with the additional data: "Edit", "Activity 1", "12".  Instead the original data was over written and all I show are blanks for the previous questions and the edited info ("Edit", "Activity 1", "12").

What suggestions do you have so that I can maintain the integrity of the original data and flag for my Project Manager which data needs to be changed in previous reports.

Thanks in advance!

AA

• Edited by aa807 Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:38 PM
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:36 PM