none
How to remove macros from word 2010 documents? RRS feed

• Question

• I have some .dot files that I'm using as templates for a while.

They used to have Macros to do some stuff and I started to replace those macros with Add-ins.

What happens is that the macro menus are still there. I tried to remove the macros (using alt+f8 and even alt+f11) but the custom menus are still there! How do I exactly remove those macros and menus from my .dot files?

I am using Microsoft Word 2010.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 2:38 PM

Answers

• Sorry, saving as a macro-free template doesn't actually remove the toolbar, but you can right-click a custom toolbar on the Add-Ins tab and choose to remove the commandbar/toolbar.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Marked as answer by Dan0b10001 Monday, January 5, 2015 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:05 PM

All replies

• You could save the templates as macro-free Word 2010 templates (*.dotx) and then convert them back to *.dot if necessary.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:51 PM
  • Sorry, saving as a macro-free template doesn't actually remove the toolbar, but you can right-click a custom toolbar on the Add-Ins tab and choose to remove the commandbar/toolbar.

• Marked as answer by Dan0b10001 Monday, January 5, 2015 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:05 PM
  • In addition to what Stefan replied you can also check the attached templates by taking the following steps:

goto File - Options - Add ins - (Below) Manage : choose templates - in the next dialog click on the template and click remove.

Maurice

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:12 PM