none
Some troubles after migrating to VS2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two excel add-ins. One is a document-level created by VS2012, the other is a VSTO add-in created by VS2013. Now, I want to migrate them to VS2015. Here are my problems.

For the document-level add-in, although I have added the file to the trusted location, I still get an error message when debugging. It prompts that "This document contains custom code that cannot be loaded because the location is not in your trusted location list".

For the VSTO add-in about a custom task pane, the task pane does not load at startup. It does not show when debugging although I have checked its loadbehavior value is 3. I need to load it manually.

Thanks for any help.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:24 AM

Answers

• Hi celeste lee,

First I would suggest you to visit the link suggest by the Eugene  Astafiev.

go through the link so that you can came to know about if you have made any mistake to migrate.

For Document level Addin you have mentioned that you have placed your document at trusted location but still you get the error regarding trusted location.

so here I suggest you to create a new trusted location then move your document to that trusted location and make a test that issue is still exist or not.

Following are the steps to create a new trusted location. kindly follow the steps.

1. Open Excel outside Visual Studio. Click File.

2. Click on Trust Center then choose Trust Center Settings…

3. Click on Trust Location and choose Add new location… to add the location your Excel solution is located.

For your Vsto Addin you have mentioned that taskpane is not load at startup.

you have mentioned the load behavior 3 of Addin.

here I want to ask you that Addin is not loaded or Taskpane is not loaded?

if Addin is loaded and taskpane is not loading then I want to confirm with you that how you have try to load taskpane?

is it working correctly in previous version?

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi celeste lee,

First I would suggest you to visit the link suggest by the Eugene  Astafiev.

go through the link so that you can came to know about if you have made any mistake to migrate.

For Document level Addin you have mentioned that you have placed your document at trusted location but still you get the error regarding trusted location.

so here I suggest you to create a new trusted location then move your document to that trusted location and make a test that issue is still exist or not.

Following are the steps to create a new trusted location. kindly follow the steps.

1. Open Excel outside Visual Studio. Click File.

2. Click on Trust Center then choose Trust Center Settings…

3. Click on Trust Location and choose Add new location… to add the location your Excel solution is located.

For your Vsto Addin you have mentioned that taskpane is not load at startup.

you have mentioned the load behavior 3 of Addin.

here I want to ask you that Addin is not loaded or Taskpane is not loaded?

if Addin is loaded and taskpane is not loading then I want to confirm with you that how you have try to load taskpane?

is it working correctly in previous version?

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:01 AM
  • I have solved my problems, but anyway thanks for your help.
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:37 AM
  • Hi celeste lee,

Its good to hear from you that your issue has been solved.

if it is possible, would you like to share the solution with our community so that if any other member facing the same issue in future can get solution by your post.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:22 AM