convert voice to text RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi everybody

i want to make project  can convert  ahuman voice  to txt then open what the user ask?

like:

user say (word) the program must open the microsoft word to user

and every thng can the user ask about

is that possible ???? if yes  what i  need to start to program this idea in c# language ?

thank alot for your reading

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:14 PM

Answers

• It's called Speech To Text  or Speech Recognition and it is certainly possible.  Programs like Dragon Naturally Speaking can do it.  I used to write programs in VB6 to program the "System Agent" control and it could do speech recognition.

Check out the System.Speech namespace.  I'm not sure if it's available in .Net 2.0, but it should be available in 3.0 or 3.5.

Chris

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:33 PM

All replies

• Monday, September 15, 2008 2:20 PM
  • this web site convert txt to voice  but i need to talk to my computer using mic

the the computer open what i ask ???

is what i sy clear !!!!!

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:24 PM
  • http://www.allworldsoft.com/software/1-168-wave-to-text.htm

I think what you may be looking for doesn't exist. You want to tell the computer directions and have the OS respond?

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:26 PM
  • you can say that but not exactly

frit i want the user to ask the commad like the frist example "word"

the tool will write the word"word "in file or something like that

the using c# i will give the program any bath and many word

and evrey eord corresped abath

and depend on the word open abath

this is my imagenity to word

??

and i dont know is that possiple???

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:49 PM
  • No, there is nothing in .NET (and I don't know of any third party tool) that will let you do this.

There are technologies that recognize a limited number of words (like MS Speech SDK). See an example for it here: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/ssrinivas/SpeeechRecognitionusingCSharp11222005054918AM/SpeeechRecognitionusingCSharp.aspx

Regards,

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:59 PM
  • you can say that but not exactly

frist i want to talk the word example (connect) and the conerter convert it to txt

then i will talk this word and open the path which correspont to word"connet"

note "i have cammand saved and cosponding desetation in the code"

this is my imagenty of the work

is that correct and possiple???

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:01 PM
  •  cslady wrote:

you can say that but not exactly

frist i want to talk the word example (connect) and the conerter convert it to txt

then i will talk this word and open the path which correspont to word"connet"

note "i have cammand saved and cosponding desetation in the code"

this is my imagenty of the work

is that correct and possiple???

Only if you have a limited amount of words. This means that your folers will not be able to have any name, but a limited amount that the software will be able to deal with
    Monday, September 15, 2008 3:04 PM
  • It's called Speech To Text  or Speech Recognition and it is certainly possible.  Programs like Dragon Naturally Speaking can do it.  I used to write programs in VB6 to program the "System Agent" control and it could do speech recognition.

Check out the System.Speech namespace.  I'm not sure if it's available in .Net 2.0, but it should be available in 3.0 or 3.5.

Chris

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:33 PM