The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Deploying MVC app to Azure App Services Error - subscription is not registered for the resource type RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to public an MVC application to azure from Visual Studio 2015 directly.[Right click project > Publish > To Azure] Every time i try to Publish my web application to my azure account i get the following error:

**The subscription is not registered for the resource type 'components' in the location 'Central US'. Please re-register for this provider in order to have access to this location.**

I have tried to use multiple locations to host the application and the error still continues

Q: How does one register for this component? (i have not included application insights in my application on creation)

Below is more details around the error:

OPERATION IDC16287A675C4B7D3
    TRACKING IDb0355f45-867b-4328-95cd-6d627751c619
    STATUSConflict
    PROVISIONING STATEFailed
    TIMESTAMP12/3/2016, 3:12:24 PM
    DURATIONPT0.8505384S
    TYPEmicrosoft.insights/components
    RESOURCE ID/subscriptions/a955ba0f-a5f6-4ba4-b7d4-a0dae7b87215/resourceGroups/DemoBEEApp1Resources/providers/microsoft.insights/components/DemoBEEApp2
    STATUSMESSAGE{
      "error": {
        "code": "MissingRegistrationForLocation",
        "message": "The subscription is not registered for the resource type 'components' in the location 'Central US'. Please re-register for this provider in order to have access to this location."
      }
    }
    RESOURCEDemoBEEApp2

I really hope somebody can assist me

Saturday, December 3, 2016 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi there!

I’m trying to publish a web app with VS 2015 to AZURE. Unfortunately, it continuously fails with “subscription is not registered for resource type components in the location” error. I appreciate any suggestions to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Alexander

• Merged by David Ebbo Saturday, December 3, 2016 6:54 PM Looks like same issue
    Saturday, December 3, 2016 6:34 PM
  • @Alexander, I've merged your issue with Keith's, as it appears to be the same. What version of the Azure SDK are you both using?

Keith, would be best to close your StackOverflow question and point here to avoid duplication.

thanks,
    David

Saturday, December 3, 2016 6:59 PM
  • I copied information from VS “about“ menu.

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
    Version 14.0.24720.00 Update 1
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.6.01055

Common Azure Tools   1.5
    Provides common services for use by Azure Mobile Services and Microsoft Azure Tools.

Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools   1.4
    Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools

Saturday, December 3, 2016 7:16 PM
  • This is a known issue for some older versions of the Azure App Service tooling, please update to the latest version of the Azure SDK.

Older versions of the tooling attempted to make Applications Insights resources in Cental US regardless of the location of the App Service. These resources are no longer added automatically in later versions of the tooling.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike Lorbetske

• Proposed as answer by Alexander MI Monday, December 5, 2016 1:10 PM
    Saturday, December 3, 2016 9:43 PM
  •  Hi Mike!

Thanks a lot! Updating VS to SP3 and installing latest Azure SDK helped!

Monday, December 5, 2016 1:10 PM
  • Man, I have been having this problem and it's been driving me crazy. I used to have no problems publishing my site, and now I cant get anything to go up. Glad you found a solution, I am about to give it a shot. 
    Monday, December 5, 2016 10:28 PM