none
Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed RRS feed

• Question

• I have two very similar pieces of code which interact with Access databases. The two programs use the same connection code.

One was copied from the other and they are functionally equivalent - just the names have changed a bit:-

cnSCST = NewADODB.Connection()

WithcnSCST

.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"

.ConnectionString = dbConnectionString  ("c:\dblocation.mdb")

.Open()

end with

When I run one of the program using Visual Studio 2010 it works fine, but the other - running on Visual Studio 2013 fails with the error in the title.

The only other difference is that the VS2013 code has recently been loaded in VS2013 from its original VS2008 incarnation.

OK answered my own question!!

Both these programs are being developed on the same machine (so same environment??) Looking at some similar threads it tells me that Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 is 32 bit only.

The program being developed under VS2010 is set to AnyCPU as was the VS2013 one.

But following the clue about the 32 bit-ness I changed the VS2013 project to x86 (via Configuration Manager) and lo - and behold I can now run the database Open....

I hope this helps others :-)

• Edited by Enforcer.fog Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:34 PM extra info
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Enforcer.fog,

It is glad to hear that you got a workaround and share it with us, it would help others who have the similar issue. I quote your solution in mine current separate reply so that people on this forum would know understand this scenario better(or you could do it yourself and mark it as an answer and i will delete mine.):

Solution for this issue:

changed the VS2013 project to x86 (via Configuration Manager)

Regrds.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:06 AM