none
Report Viewer Runtime RRS feed

• Question

• I've built an forms app (.Net 4) in VS 2013 that uses local RDLC reports for reporting. When I deploy the application to a client machine running Windows XP, we get an error that "Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.dll" cannot be loaded.  I've tried including that file in my deployment but I still see the same error. What do I need to install or deploy to the client XP machine to view reports created in VS 2013?

JAE

Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:54 PM

All replies

• Did you resolve this?  I am getting the same error also using a local RDLC on Win7 x64.  I just added Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll and Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll to the exe folder.  That at least got the viewer to load but now, I getting the new error.

-g

Friday, October 24, 2014 5:27 PM
  • I did get this resolved by paying for a support ticket with MS.  However, I think my issue was slightly different.  With me, the issue was that the lastest version of the report viewer (12.0 I think) that gets linked in with VS 2013 does not work on Windows XP.  I had to manually reference and deploy report viewer V10.0.  Not sure if this helps you at all or not.  Good luck!

JAE

Friday, October 24, 2014 5:53 PM