none
iisexpresstray.exe fails with unknown error - 64bit Win8 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get a dev environment setup on a new Win8.1 64bit environment and am having issues with IISExpress. I have the out of the box .Net framework (4.5) and have installed IISExpress 10. However, if I run iisexpress.exe (or indeed iisexpresstray.exe), I get an empty error dialog:

procmon is telling me that the process exits thus:

Exit Status: -2147024885, User Time: 0.0000000 seconds, Kernel Time: 0.0781250 seconds, Private Bytes: 6,316,032, Peak Private Bytes: 6,459,392, Working Set: 9,945,088, Peak Working Set: 10,407,936

That's it! It's driving me insane - can anyone please advise on a resolution or even a way of troubleshooting this? I'm not sure if it's a framework issue or not.

Thanks

Friday, February 5, 2016 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hi parenesis,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is talking about .Net framework setup and Servicing.

If you suspected it is related to your .net framework, you had better check if there is anything wrong with your .net framework. if not, you need to go to the right forum for dedicated support.

Firstly, I suggest you use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to check if the .NET Framework is ok. 
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

If you find there is anything wrong with .NET Framework, you may use Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to do a repair,

This tool detects and tries to fix some frequently occurring issues with the setup of Microsoft .NET Framework or with updates to the Microsoft .NET Framework.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:35 AM