none
wcf adapter RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

i have to expose data from sql server via biztalk 

i have an orchestration that allow me to get data from sql to a folder as xml file

should i expose this orchestration or the schema 

a tutorial for this please 

Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can expose Orchestration as a WCF Service with exception handling. Have Request-Reponse Orchestration Port with public port-types.

Refer to this blog for a sample walkthrough. Or refer to MSDN walkthrough.

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards - Sathish Krishnan
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:05 PM
  • Checkout this video which demonstrates using the BizTalk WCF Service Publishing Wizard.

HTH. 

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards - Sathish Krishnan
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:18 PM
  • i tray to expose my orchestration but i have thnis error 

The Messaging Engine failed to register the adapter for "WCF-BasicHttp" for the receive location "/EXPOSESQLDATA/WcfService_EXPOSESQLDATA.svc". Please verify that the receive location exists, and that the isolated adapter runs under an account that has access to the BizTalk databases.

Description : Une exception non gérée s'est produite au moment de l'exécution de la requête Web actuelle. Contrôlez la trace de la pile pour plus d'informations sur l'erreur et son origine dans le code. 

Détails de l'exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The Messaging Engine failed to register the adapter for "WCF-BasicHttp" for the receive location "/EXPOSESQLDATA/WcfService_EXPOSESQLDATA.svc". Please verify that the receive location exists, and that the isolated adapter runs under an account that has access to the BizTalk databases. 

Erreur source: 

Une exception non gérée s'est produite lors de l'exécution de la requête Web actuelle. Les informations relatives à l'origine et l'emplacement de l'exception peuvent être identifiées en utilisant la trace de la pile d'exception ci-dessous.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:28 PM
  • in biztalk i have these errors 

The Messaging Engine failed to retrieve the configuration from the database. Details:"80070005".

Access denied. The client user must be a member of one of the following accounts to perform this function.

SSO Administrators: SSO Administrators

SSO Affiliate Administrators: SSO Affiliate Administrators

Application Administrators: BizTalk Server Administrators

Application Users: BizTalk Isolated Host Users

Additional Data: WORKGROUP\NOUSSA$ {125E08B0-CBFC-44D9-8F86-F5D8B4D603B8} WCF-BasicHttp_RL_BizTalkServerIsolatedHost_{125E08B0-CBFC-44D9-8F86-F5D8B4D603B8}

BizTalk host BizTalkServerApplication throttled because DatabaseSize exceeded the configured throttling limit.

For more information see the BizTalk throttling documentation at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=185578. 

Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:42 PM
  • Refer this blog and do necessary changes. This error could occur if the Account used by Isolated Host Instance has some access/permission issues.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

Why don;t you use AppFabric Connect for Service feature. This enables you to build a LOB service that enables you fetch data from SQL Service and offer it through a WCF endpoint, see this Wiki article Expose LOB Services on the Cloud Using AppFabric Connect for Services. Do not choose Extend the reach of the service on the cloud option and you will have service only available within you organization.

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers

Ordina ICT B.V. | MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010

http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/ | @SteefJan

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:40 PM
  • Hi Emma,

If you are just simply fetching the data and there is no other processing involved, then go for approach proposed by Steef. It is lightweight. No orchestration required.

Note: AppFabric Connect for service is only available in BizTalk 2010.

Regards,

Zia

Hope this helps. Zia Saeed | Don’t forget to mark the post(s) as “Answered” that answered your question
    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:54 AM
  • ok i will try with this 
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:04 AM
  • I try to follow this article  Expose LOB Services on the Cloud Using AppFabric Connect for Services as you advised me 

i have some problem 

how to add bindings to a site ???? where can i find Add Site Binding

and to  configure the service to start automatically i didn t find the  Manage WCF and WF Services section

i have IIS 7.5

Friday, October 28, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Hi Emma,

“Unable to find Manage WCF and WF Services option”

It seems that you have not yet installed the AppFabric IIS Manager Extensions. Following link contains information on installing these extensions.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff637745.aspx

Also read the following articles for more information on AppFabric IIS Manager Extensions.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee677286.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee677212.aspx

“Where can I find Add site binding”

See the image below.

Regards,

Zia

Hope this helps. Zia Saeed | Don’t forget to mark the post(s) as “Answered” that answered your question
    Friday, October 28, 2011 12:56 PM