Unit testing a native Windows Mobile application from a CI server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Visual Studio 2008 C++ application for Windows Mobile 5/6 with unit tests. I would like to add these to our continuous integration server (Jenkins) such that the test executable is uploaded to the emulator, executed, and the results are pulled back down to Jenkins.

I found a nice blog post on how to do this using mstest for C# projects, but this is native code.

Has anybody got any suggestions on how to get this setup working? Thanks
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:42 PM

All replies

• Smart device test projects are only available in two languages: Visual C# and Visual Basic. Visual C++ is not supported.

from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb545995(v=vs.90).aspx

NEU_ShieldEdge

Friday, April 6, 2012 7:36 AM
  • Smart device test projects are only available in two languages: Visual C# and Visual Basic. Visual C++ is not supported.

Correct. I am not using the Visual Studio unit test framework. The test code is working fine. From Visual Studio I can deploy the tests to the device emulator and execute them. That is not the issue.

I am looking for a way to deploy an arbitrary executable to the device/emulator, execute it, and retrieve the resulting log file all via the command line.

Bonus points if I can open more than one emulator instance and close the emulator when I'm finished with it.

Friday, April 6, 2012 1:31 PM
  • PaulH79,

Excuse me for offtop, please.

What kind of tools you are use for testing native c++ applications for mobile (embedded) devices?

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:40 PM