none
Computed Specification Formula greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to use the computed specification formula facility in a windows forms application but 'Formula' is greyed out and will not allow me to enter a formula (or anything else).  Does anyone know where I have gone wrong?

The table is very basic - the first two columns are int and the third is supposed to add the two values (also int).

Friday, June 27, 2014 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hello ShropshireLad,

Sorry please clarify the "computed specification formula facility " to us. I have't saw related controls in default WinForm classes.

If you need to do something like this thread http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10062875/c-user-defined-formula ,try refer to the solution there for example refer to NCal, an open source code.

Regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 30, 2014 6:38 AM
  • The computed specification is in the table properties.  Every video  I have seen on Youtube shows people entering formulae without a problem but mine won't accept any keystroke.
    Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:28 PM
  • AFAIK there is no Table component inside windows forms. Probably you are looking to a video which has nothing to do with Windows Forms, the topic of this forum.

Success
    Cor

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Maybe there is a misunderstanding.  The data source for a database table was dragged on to the form.  The Properties window for the data source shows the computed element formula but it won't accept any input.
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:45 PM
  • The computed specification is in the table definition properties.
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:59 PM
  • Hi ShropshireLad,

Do you actually mean a datagridview with a datasource in it and you cannot modify the datasource(Dataset)?

May I ask what have you done till now and can you share us a simple sample?

For me a dataset in WinForm cannot easily be modified and here is the property window and I cannot see the Formula you mentioned:

Please share us more information, a screenshot, a sample, a video etc.

Regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 11, 2014 1:43 AM
  • This is an example of a dragged database table.

At its properties there is nothing likewise formula.

Maybe there is a column Forumula in the database. But that has not to be entered by the programmer, but is probably meant  to be used by the programmer.

For that I advice you to visit the forum of your program language (which we don't know).

Success
    Cor

Friday, July 11, 2014 7:33 AM