none
Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• I recently compeltly recreated my dns server. This changed the ip addresses for everything on my network. Now I am not recieving extertnal emails into my exchange server. When I run the testexchangeconnection i get no mx record for my dns server. If I use nslookup i can find the dns mx record for my domain. Someone please help!
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:36 PM

All replies

• MX record that testexchangeconnectivity finds is from Public DNS.

If there was a change in the record, public DNS might take time to replicate across. Generally speaking these days its much faster than those older days when we used to say 48-72 hours.

Now, emails from internet will not come in till the time the external Mail servers can find your MX record. Fortunately by default most of the mail applications will keep the mails in their queue for 48 hours (unless changed on them).

You may have to wait for some time or contact your ISP to get this sorted quickly.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Hello Cody

Did you change your public DNS server. If yes always prefer to change the TTL before it to less time. If this is internal DNS, then you need to verify that Exchange IPs are being pointed when you try access them via Public IP address of MX.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question .

PREM RANA

MCSE Exchange 2013, MCSA 2012 Server MCTS Exchange 2007,

2010, MCITP Exchange 2007, 2010 MCSE 2003 Server,

MCSA Exchange 2003 ITIL V3 Foundation

https://ranaprem.wordpress.com/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 4:53 AM