none
WCF issue The TransportManager failed to listen on the supplied URI using the NetTcpPortSharing RRS feed

• Question

• i just create a small wcf service application with tcp binding. i just host the service with WcfSvcHost.exe like

WcfSvcHost.exe /service:"C:
    \Users\TRIDIP\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BBAChatService\BBAChatService\bin
    \BBAChatService.dll" /config:"C:\Users\TRIDIP\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects
    \BBAChatService\BBAChatService\Web.config"

WcfSvcHost started but when i click on my service then it is showing error instead of service started status.

the error was The TransportManager failed to listen on the supplied URI using the NetTcpPortSharing service: failed to start the service because it is disabled. An administrator can enable it by running 'sc.exe config NetTcpPortSharing start= demand'.. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service NetTcpPortSharing on computer '.'

i just could not understand what is the problem and how to fix it as a result service can be hosted. i also tried this sc.exe config NetTcpPortSharing start= demand but still problem exist. whenever i change the binding option from tcp to wsdual then i saw service was started without any problem.

so please guide me how could start my service with tcp binding with WcfSvcHost.exe. thanks
    Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:12 PM

Answers