Release Management and Citrx application streaming RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

We use Xenapp and Citrix Streaming to deploy internal and external applications to our users. For internal apps I'm keen to try Release Management, as we already use TFS. As far as I can tell, to deploy updates to our applications using this tool, we'd need to automate the streaming update process using Powershell. Currently this is done manually by running "Citrix Streaming Profiler", selecting the package to update, selecting the new applications sources (on disk) and the equivalent folder in the package, and updating the package from these files. Is anyone doing this, or have any idea how it can be done?

Kevin

Friday, May 15, 2015 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,  

Thanks for your post.

If you want deploy using Agent-based release template, you can follow the example in this article to run PowerShell script in  Deployment Agent: http://chamindac.blogspot.com/2014/07/tool-action-to-run-custom-powershell.html.

If you want deploy without deployment agent, you can run the PowerShell script to deploy using vNext release template, please refer to the example in this document: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/get-started/release/deploy-no-agents-vs.     

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 18, 2015 3:19 AM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, but it's not the powershell part I'm having problems with, it's the citrix side. I'm hoping that someone in the community may have been in the same situation and have a solution

Kevin

Monday, May 18, 2015 8:42 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

You need ensure you can manually run PowerShell script to update the streaming process first, before using Release Management.

If this issue relate to automating the streaming update process using PowerShell, I think you need contact Citrix experts for the better response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:22 AM
  • Hi John,

I've asked the question there too. I'm asking here in case someone has been in the same situation.

Thanks,

Kevin

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:33 AM
  • Hi Kevin,  

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I will keep this question post open in forum two weeks, then change it to General Discussion or delete this post later.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Thanks John
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:04 AM