locked
TFS Beta 3 Install Error 32000 w/ Report Server

    Question

  • Have repeatedly worked through many of the other issues posted here on this forum associated with installing Beta 3.  It looked like it was finally going to complete the installation when it hit one final snag. 

    Error 32000.  The Commandline "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server\Tools\creatds.exe /setup /install http://EDISVRDEV/ReportServer/ReportService.asmx TfsReportsDS "Data Source=EDISVRDEV;initial catalog=TFS Warehouse" "HTS\TFSREPORTS" "a long long string of characters here" returned non-zero value: 6.

    I checked permissions on the TFS Warehouse database and everything appears to be fine there.

    All help is greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Steve
    Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:33 PM

Answers

  • The main issue was getting the reporting server working properly with all the logins added to the main site http://servername/reports.  Had some strange issues getting the project portal to work properly from within Studio.  I set permissions
    within the project but they did not always propogate to the user until they closed
    studio completely, even if they were not already connected to the team foundation server.  Quirkiness like that cause more frustration, but it is all working now and I hope the plan to go to the production release from Beta 3.  One other strange issue was that the TFS Client would fail on install saying not enough memory and disk space.  If the user rebooted their workstation, all went well.  Not sure what that was about. 

    Hope this helps.

    Steve
    Tuesday, October 4, 2005 12:31 PM

All replies

  • Please make sure that Reporting is working.

    You can do so by running /Reports">http://<DT>/Reports and /ReportServer">http://<DT>/ReportServer.  If it is single server, ensure that http://<ATDT>, /Reports">http://<ATDT>/Reports work at the same time.

    Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:36 AM
  • I have a similar problem.

    At the end of the setup it fails on the same command but it returns 5.

    When I open the SQL Server Reporting Server Configuration Manager I see a problem with the identity of the "Web Service".
    I have followed the installation instructions to the letter and cannot seem to get this working.
    When I start playing around with accounts for the service and application pool I end up with a SQL Server reporting service that refuses to start.

    I'm running on a MS Virtual Server 2005 and the virtual machine does not belong to a domain but a workgroup.

    Thanks for the help,

    Johan
    Friday, September 30, 2005 2:07 PM
  • Well, after trying many solutions posted in these forums, I finally got frustrated enough and started the entire process over from the beginning.  Reformatting
    the server with a clean install of 2003 Enterprise, a clean version of IIS, and
    then SQL Server 2005, Sharepoint Services, and TFS.  Starting with a clean system worked pretty much flawlessly, minus a few security issues with users. 

    I hope there is a better path for Beta 3 to GA than there was from Beta 2
    to Beta 3. 

    Steve
    Monday, October 3, 2005 6:06 PM
  • Hi Steve,

    I have the same problem and I'm going to start my installation from scratch again.
    Could you please let me know what security issues you had to fix to get it working?

    Thanks,

    Jay
    Tuesday, October 4, 2005 11:55 AM
  • The main issue was getting the reporting server working properly with all the logins added to the main site http://servername/reports.  Had some strange issues getting the project portal to work properly from within Studio.  I set permissions
    within the project but they did not always propogate to the user until they closed
    studio completely, even if they were not already connected to the team foundation server.  Quirkiness like that cause more frustration, but it is all working now and I hope the plan to go to the production release from Beta 3.  One other strange issue was that the TFS Client would fail on install saying not enough memory and disk space.  If the user rebooted their workstation, all went well.  Not sure what that was about. 

    Hope this helps.

    Steve
    Tuesday, October 4, 2005 12:31 PM