.Net webservice and web hosting RRS feed

• Question

• User1668381548 posted

Hey guys. Anybody have any experience publishing a .Net web service to Godaddy? I am trying but I think I am missing something in the web.config file because I keep getting an error when I try to browse to it. Anybody can lend some help? I am testing how to get it to work with a simple Hello World web service to start.

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:15 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

Hosting WCF Services aren't really any different than hosting any other ASP.NET technologies (barring a few very rare exceptions I'm sure) and you will likely just need IIS and the .NET Framework installed on your server (versions will depend on your version of WCF)

Microsoft has a list of their preferred Hosting Providers available under their Hosting Providers page. Any of the hosting providers on there are excellent choices and if you want some of the higher rated providers, you can filter the available providers by Ratings, Cost, Technology Requirements and several other options.

The only reason that I bring up the other possible suggestions is that GoDaddy doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation when it comes to hosting or Microsoft-specific hosting. If you still are set on or are already using GoDaddy, the following posts might be helpful for you : 

Most of the issues involve your service needing to be set to Medium Trust instead of Full-Trust, but there are a variety of suggestions out there that can help you. You also need to make sure that your Project and your GoDaddy environment are targeting the same or compatible versions of .NET. You can also consider contacting GoDaddy to see if you can get any additional support through them.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 8:28 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

Hosting WCF Services aren't really any different than hosting any other ASP.NET technologies (barring a few very rare exceptions I'm sure) and you will likely just need IIS and the .NET Framework installed on your server (versions will depend on your version of WCF)

Microsoft has a list of their preferred Hosting Providers available under their Hosting Providers page. Any of the hosting providers on there are excellent choices and if you want some of the higher rated providers, you can filter the available providers by Ratings, Cost, Technology Requirements and several other options.

The only reason that I bring up the other possible suggestions is that GoDaddy doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation when it comes to hosting or Microsoft-specific hosting. If you still are set on or are already using GoDaddy, the following posts might be helpful for you : 

Most of the issues involve your service needing to be set to Medium Trust instead of Full-Trust, but there are a variety of suggestions out there that can help you. You also need to make sure that your Project and your GoDaddy environment are targeting the same or compatible versions of .NET. You can also consider contacting GoDaddy to see if you can get any additional support through them.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 8:28 AM
  • User311508580 posted

Hi JRobb,

Could you please advise the error message taht you see? Have you contact their suppor team?

Monday, May 20, 2013 10:32 AM