Tutorial help: Copy data from Azure Blob storage to a SQL database by using Azure Data Factory RRS feed

• Question

• EDIT: Just figured it out, just had to go into mapping, delete the ID column, make sure 1 and 2 were set to firstName and lastName.

I am working through the tutorial at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/tutorial-copy-data-portal

I am able to get to the stage where I create the pipeline but my problem is that when I try to perform the copy from the blob to the output sql table I get an error. This error relates to the headers of the blob and sql table - the blob has no headers and therefore they default to Prop_0 and Prop_1, when trying to map these into the sql table with headers firstName and lastName there is no header match and so the process fails.

What I would like to be able to do is automatically assign the headers from the output sql table to the blob so that I can simply copy this over. I understand that I can manually assign headers to the blob but I would like to automate this in case I have to use the technique on a larger dataset with many more columns. Perhaps there is an explanation for this or maybe it's just seen as too risky to assign column headers in this way in case the tables do not correctly match up? Perhaps I am missing something in the tutorial?

Thanks

• Edited by rbee123 Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:55 PM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:44 PM

All replies

• Just figured it out, just had to go into mapping, delete the ID column, make sure 1 and 2 were set to firstName and lastName.
    Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:53 PM