Capturing Images From External Camera (WIA) ? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to use an external SLR to capture an image remotely and display it in a PictureBox control. All of the documentation I found for WIA does not work for Visual Basic Express. The manufacturer SDK is only supplied in C and I do not know how to make wrappers to allow me to use it in VB. Can someone please show some sample code to use an external camera (USB)?
    Monday, November 16, 2009 4:00 AM

Answers

• You camera should show in My Computer.  Use an OpenFileDialog to find the pictures on the camera.
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Shan Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:35 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 6:04 AM

All replies

• You camera should show in My Computer.  Use an OpenFileDialog to find the pictures on the camera.
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Shan Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:35 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 6:04 AM
  • John I don't think they want to download pictures but rather capture a live picture like a web cam but I maybe wrong .
    coding for fun Be a good forum member mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful
    Please format the code in your posts with the button . Makes it easier to read .
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:03 AM
  • John I don't think they want to download pictures but rather capture a live picture like a web cam but I maybe wrong .
    First things, first.  If it doesn't show in OFD, there is no reason for going farther.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:17 AM