Tags missing in XML attachments, proper on compression RRS feed

• Question

• User-708375100 posted

When XML file being sent as in attachment, it gets disturbed, but when its compressed and sent, it comes properly. Any solution?

Monday, February 1, 2016 10:37 AM

Answers

• User36583972 posted

Hi NINADMANJREKAR,

What is encoding format you are using? You could try to change your encoding format and try it again.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:43 AM

All replies

• User36583972 posted

Hi NINADMANJREKAR,  

I guess you want to send an XML file as an attachment by Web API, I suggest you can view some information about the file upload in the Web API project.

The following tutorial introduces the Web API implements the server method for file upload (Including source code), you can refer it.

http://damienbod.com/2014/03/28/web-api-file-upload-single-or-multiple-files/  

You can also share us more information to help you solve the problem.  

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:18 AM
  • User-708375100 posted

Thanks Yohann,

I explain, what the exact issue is,

1. I developed a program, where I generate report in XML format using serialization.

2. When I send it to the client manually using mail client like www.globeemail.com, it gets disturbed.

3. Disturbed means, it contains special characters, tags are missing, new line feed is observed. When I compress it and send it, it goes properly. I guess there is an issue with the XML extension.

4. I enquired to out IT team, whether they have blocked XML, but there reply was like, if its blocked, xml wouldn't have gone at all.

This is the overall scenario, Please advice.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:55 AM
  • User36583972 posted

Hi NINADMANJREKAR,

What is encoding format you are using? You could try to change your encoding format and try it again.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:43 AM