none
trying to look at my access reports on web browser. RRS feed

• Question

• It is getting to the point would be very helpful to be able to look at some of the reports I have in my laptop, running access 2013. 

1. all the reports are based on a qry. 

2. read only is good enough.  even if being able to add to forms based on a table.

3. as for number of users, just me. 

4. I am aware I one of the ways I could do this is using Azure. or a SQL server. but seems way to much to do this.

do to only one user, only one small file ( under 2gigs, more like each report is under 100k. 

5. no sensitive info, so high security needed.

6. one way that occurred to me was to save access reports as text, send as email to me, then could check email on phone to see each report in a txt msg.

is there a better way?    Yes I could take laptop with the access reports. My laptop is heavy, so taking laptop with me not possible in this case. and would be outside range of using a Bluetooth connection between laptop and phone. 

It seems one update gave me "OneDrive-Personal"  for word, in access shows "OneDrive-Personal" Connected

would that be better somehow?

Thanks,

Mark J

Mark J

Monday, May 8, 2017 11:11 AM

Answers

• In order to view an Access Report you must have Access installed, and of course you cannot do that on a phone.

You could export/print the reports as PDF and upload them to your webserver, then use the URL to open those PDF reports.

You could also export as Text, as you mention. Note that Text exports will be data only, with no formatting. Simple reports are okay like this, but anything complex is often far too jumbled to be useful.

-- Scott McDaniel, Microsoft Access MVP

Monday, May 8, 2017 11:23 AM

All replies

• In order to view an Access Report you must have Access installed, and of course you cannot do that on a phone.

You could export/print the reports as PDF and upload them to your webserver, then use the URL to open those PDF reports.

You could also export as Text, as you mention. Note that Text exports will be data only, with no formatting. Simple reports are okay like this, but anything complex is often far too jumbled to be useful.

-- Scott McDaniel, Microsoft Access MVP

Monday, May 8, 2017 11:23 AM
  • Hi Mark,

I agree with Scott. I export reports to PDFs and upload them to Dropbox, then I use the Dropbox app on my phone to view them.

Cheers!

Monday, May 8, 2017 3:13 PM