Godaddy RRS feed

• Question

• User-1732195092 posted

Has anyone gotten the Club starter kit working on Godaddy?  I'm having trouble using the Web Config tool with GoDaddy.

I receive this error

Provider Management
    Could not establish a connection to the database.
    If you have not yet created the SQL Server database, exit the Web Site Administration tool, use the aspnet_regsql command-line utility to create and configure the database, and then return to this tool to set the provider.

Any ideas?

Saturday, January 7, 2006 9:07 PM

All replies

• User-326893034 posted

I don't know that GoDaddy allows access to the web site admin tool. They imply that you have to manually edit user records to put them in the admin group.

If you find out differently, please post how to access it.

HTH.

Monday, January 16, 2006 4:50 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

If you have a shared hosting account with GoDaddy, they do not allow remote connections to the SQL database. There work around is at http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=688&topic_id , although its for the personal starter kit it will also work for the Club kit.

You can create your own Admin page and run them server side also. I am in the process of creating one for my site now.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:09 PM
  • User-326893034 posted

I'd be happy to test it out if you like! =)

GoDaddy might like to see it too - maybe they'd buy it from you just to get rid of all the "why can't I do this" calls....

Thx.

Bill

Friday, January 27, 2006 1:08 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

Unfortunately I have given up on GoDaddy.  My client did not want to deal with the time constraints of the Club starterkit, so I figured I could use a DNN site and whip them up a site fast.  Surprise GoDaddy offers DNN, but fail to tell you its stored on a different server and you can not access the source for editing (not good). Trying to upload one I created on my local machine was a nightmare because of their restrictions on access to the database.

Anyway I switched to CrystalTech web hosting  http://www.crystaltech.com and although I get less site disk space (1gig vs 10gig) for the money I get more SQL disk space (200mb vs 100mb) and complete acces to my database and IIS configuration. I had the site up and running in 2 hrs and never had to call support once.

Bottom line if you are serious about developing a site beyond its original setup good luck if you stay with GoDaddy.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:03 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

I am again working with the Club starter kit and have created a Admin Folder and pages to

1.  add edit or delete users roles

2. activate/deactivate or lock out users

I am now working on a page to enter or update the smtp and other settings.

If you are a GoDaddy customer and would like to try it let me know,  I am no longer with them for development but for there pricing I would use them for finished work.

Monday, February 6, 2006 9:07 PM
  • User-100101074 posted

I'd apprecaite giving it a try.

I use go-daddy and was able to get the starter club kit to work without too much pain.

It be nice to have those features.

Can you e-mail to me at matthew.c.fox (at) gmail.com

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, February 7, 2006 12:52 PM
  • User1197483739 posted

Yeah.. I need some help on this.  I'm pretty much a newbie to ASP.NET, and am having trouble getting it to work on my GoDaddy account.  I'm using the club kit, and I get an error when I try to load the page.  Maybe you could help... here is the website: http://www.sofoa.com/

If you could help a newbie out, I'd appreciate it and gladly return the favor 10 fold once I figure all this ASP.NET stuff out.  :)

Thursday, March 2, 2006 10:07 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

Yoy need to set your custom errors mode to off in web.config.

<customErrors mode="off" />

This will allow you to see what is causing the problem.

Friday, March 3, 2006 7:09 AM
  • User541108374 posted
    Yoy need to set your custom errors mode to off in web.config.

<customErrors mode="off" />

Hi,

actually it should be Off. The web.config, like any xml file, is case sensitive.

Grz, Kris.

Friday, March 3, 2006 7:13 AM
  • User1197483739 posted

OK... turned the settings to "Off" and this is what I get...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Login failed for user 'chada'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'chada'.

Source Error:

Line 4:  
    Line 5:  	Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As [Object], ByVal e As EventArgs)
    Line 6:  		If (Roles.RoleExists("Administrators") = False) Then
    Line 7:  			Roles.CreateRole("Administrators")
    Line 8:  		End If

Source File: d:\hosting\chada\global.asax    Line: 6

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'chada'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +735091
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) +33
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +628
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +170
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +359
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +28
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +424
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +66
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +496
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +82
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
       System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHolder.Open(HttpContext context, Boolean revertImpersonate) +84
       System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String connectionString, Boolean revertImpersonation) +197
       System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.RoleExists(String roleName) +482
       System.Web.Security.Roles.RoleExists(String roleName) +242
       ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\hosting\chada\global.asax:6

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 <!-- [SqlException]: Login failed for user 'chada'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHolder.Open(HttpContext context, Boolean revertImpersonate) at System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String connectionString, Boolean revertImpersonation) at System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.RoleExists(String roleName) at System.Web.Security.Roles.RoleExists(String roleName) at ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\hosting\chada\global.asax:line 6 --><!-- This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->

Friday, March 3, 2006 2:18 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

Do the aspnet_tables exist in your sql database. These should have been added when you set up the database in your godaddy control panel.

http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=688&topic_id=&&  this is godaddy's instructions for setting up the personal starter kit, it will also work for the club kit.

Friday, March 3, 2006 2:37 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

I feel like I'm playing tag.

I see you already used that godaddy help link Again all I can say is either the table aspnet_Roles does not exist or your connection string is not correct.

Godaddy is not the easiest host to set this site up on, but it can be done.

Friday, March 3, 2006 2:41 PM
  • User-683362543 posted
    Did you have any success on this - I have the same role problem.
    Monday, March 6, 2006 4:18 PM
  • User-683362543 posted

To find this tool it is located in your c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0

aspnet_regsql.exe. this will build all the asp membership files.

----------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to run the club-add.sql in Visual Studio express ? I have to combine the databases so that this can run on godaddy. I used their instructions on the godaddy site to run the club-add sql it worked on the godaddy site. I can see the tables added to the database. However, when i download my db. i do not get the the tables such as albums etc.. in my aspnetdb.mdf database...help this is very frusssstrating. How do you simply upload the site (templates - no changes yet) and get it work????

Monday, March 6, 2006 9:28 PM
  • User53255033 posted

"To find this tool it is located in your c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0

aspnet_regsql.exe. this will build all the asp membership files. "

Hi all.  I have attempted running this app but again I get that it cannot establish a connection to the server.  Any help with this please?

Michael

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:25 PM
  • User706866991 posted

Michael,

I think the issue wou are experiencing is one I had earlier as well.  There is a go daddy walk through psot that has a step where you extract some information from your datbase on your local machine (user ID's, etc) ans insert them into your Go Daddy DB once it is created and the scripts are run against it to add the club tables, etc.  I think it was step 26 or so.  I'll try find the link tothe discussion and post.  It worked well for me.

Bob

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:57 PM
  • User53255033 posted

Hey Bob!  Thnaks for responding.  I have to tell you, I have been looking for the info in this site and have found quite abit.  However, I have not found anything telling how to get the site to work right.  What I have is very simple.  I will provide what is written so bear with me a moment. 

web.config is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">

<connectionStrings>

<add name="Personal" connectionString="Data Source=whsql-v02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;Initial Catalog=DB_68408;User ID=mspfaff;Password=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;Trusted_connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=whsql-v02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;Initial Catalog=DB_68408;User ID=mspfaff;Password=xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

<system.web>

<!--<pages styleSheetTheme="GreenLeaf"/>-->

<customErrors mode="OFF" />

<compilation debug="true">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/></assemblies></compilation>

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" protection="Validation" timeout="300"/>

</authentication>

<authorization>

<allow users="*"/>

</authorization>

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8"/>

<siteMap defaultProvider="XmlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">

<providers>

<add name="XmlSiteMapProvider" description="SiteMap provider which reads in .sitemap XML files." type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" siteMapFile="web.sitemap" securityTrimmingEnabled="true"/>

</providers>

</siteMap>

</system.web>

<!--<system.net>

<mailSettings>

<smtp>

<network host="smtpout.secureserver.net" port="25" defaultCredentials="false"/>

</smtp>

</mailSettings>

</system.net>-->

<location path="~/Albums/4/61.jpg">

<system.web>

<authorization>

<allow roles="Family"/>

<deny users="*"/>

</authorization>

</system.web>

</location>

<location path="Downloads">

<system.web>

<authorization>

<allow roles="Administrators,Registered Users"/>

<deny users="*"/>

</authorization>

</system.web>

</location>

<location path="Admin">

<system.web>

<authorization>

<allow roles="Administrators"/>

<deny users="*"/>

</authorization>

</system.web>

</location>

<appSettings>

<!-- The Album Path needs to be in the form of "~/FolderName"

When the application creates an album to store photos in, it will create the album inside the folder

specified here. -->

<add key="AlbumsFolder" value="~/Albums" />

<!-- This key specifies the folder to use for Uploads. At this time there is at least one stored procedure that

still references the upload folder statically. Once that is changed you would be able to specify any folder

here that the application should use for working with Uploaded photos that have not been imported to an album.-->

<add key="UploadFolder" value="~/Upload" />

<!-- This key defines what role a new user will be assigned to by default. If set to blank, the user will be

created but not assigned to any roles. The user would then need to be assigned to a role by the administrator

before they would have an special access to the website.-->

<add key="DefaultRoleForNewUser" value="Registered Users"/>

<!-- This key defines the theme that will be used on the admin pages. I created this setting because it will

reduce the time it takes to create a new theme if you don't have to create all new buttons and css to go with

administration pages. I found it easier just to have the admin sections use the White theme. If left blank the

admin pages will use whatever theme is selected for the site. -->

<add key="AdminTheme" value="White"/>

</appSettings>

</configuration>

Here is what Godaddy.com says the connection string should be:

SqlConnection (.NET)

Data Source=whsql-v02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;Initial Catalog=DB_68408;User ID=mspfaff;Password='your password';

Again, the problem I keep running into is "A Server Application Error".  Any help would be great.  I  just don't have enough experiance with this to diagnose myself.  Thanks again.

Michael

Friday, July 28, 2006 12:40 PM
  • User706866991 posted

Michael

Your Connection String:

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="Personal" connectionString="Data Source=whsql-v02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;Initial Catalog=DB_68408;User ID=mspfaff;Password=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;Trusted_connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=whsql-v02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;Initial Catalog=DB_68408;User ID=mspfaff;Password=xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

My connection string:

<connectionStrings>
      <add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=whsql-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;Initial Catalog=DB_######;User ID=####;Password='########';Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
      <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=whsql-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;Initial Catalog=DB_#####;User ID=####;Password='########';Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    </connectionStrings>

1.  Based on the entry, your connection is to "Personal" which I am assuming is the Personal Starter Kit.  If this is similar to the ClubSite Kit, this may need to be "PersonalDB".  It needs to match the connection strings in your code.  Change the web.config and not the code.

2.  Your password doesn't have the single quote mark like 'password' - this may just be a typing or formatting issue

3.  Have you run the SQL scripts against your Go Daddy DB and created all the appropriate tables, stored procedures, etc.?

4.  Is this working locally, I assume it is.

Friday, July 28, 2006 4:48 PM
  • User53255033 posted

Okay, sorry.  I should have stated it is the personal site.  Modified of course.  It is a typing error on this site.  There are quotes aournd password in the actual string.  I have run the SQL Scripts and it did run great locally.  Since the changes in the string and etc it does not do so well locally. 

Update!!  I have gotten past that point but.....now I have a stored procdure issue.  Here is what I see:

Invalid object name 'site_Settings'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'site_Settings'.

Source Error:

Line 143:				connection.Open()
    Line 144:				Dim settings As New SiteSettings(0, "", "", "", "", "", "", "", 0, 0, "", 0, "", "")
    Line 145:				Using reader As SqlDataReader = command.ExecuteReader()
    Line 146:					Do While (reader.Read())
    Line 147:						settings = New SiteSettings(CInt(reader("SiteID")), CStr(reader("SiteName")), CStr(reader("SiteSlogan")), CStr(reader("SitePageTitle")), CStr(reader("MetaDescription")), CStr(reader("MetaKeywords")), CStr(reader("ThemeName")), CStr(reader("CopyrightCredits")), CInt(reader("EnableRegistration")), CInt(reader("EnableUserThemes")), CStr(reader("SMTP")), CInt(reader("RequiresAuthentication")), CStr(reader("AuthUsername")), CStr(reader("AuthPassword")))

I have , on my godaddy site in the list of stored procedures a procedure called Site_GetSiteSettings.  It looks like this:

CREATE PROCEDURE  [dbo].site_GetSiteSettings
       /*
       (
       @parameter1 int = 5,
       @parameter2 datatype OUTPUT
       )
       */
    AS
       /* SET NOCOUNT ON */
       SELECT *
       FROM site_Settings

RETURN

Do you have any idea what's up with this?  This is way beyond my knowledge.  Thank you to anyone who can help.

Friday, July 28, 2006 5:58 PM
  • User706866991 posted

For my DB, when I used the scripts to create the tables and stored procedures, it used my DB login, which was something other than dbo in the script you have below:

Based on your earlier post on the connection string, unless you changed it, it might be

CREATE PROCEDURE  ["Go Daddy DB Creation Name"].site_GetSiteSettings

You should be able to look at your stored procedures in your go daddy DB and see who the owner actually is.

By the way, what got you past the initial error?

Bob

Friday, July 28, 2006 10:52 PM
  • User53255033 posted

Not really sure what exactly got me past the initial error.  All I did was remove the "personal" DB and pretty much reset the DB back to it's original creation design.  I then re-ran the script to load the "personal" DB and then it worked.  As for the stored procedures, these things confuse the crap out of me!  Here is what I ran to create the stored procedure:

/*
       (
       @parameter1 int = 5,
       @parameter2 datatype OUTPUT
       )
       */
    AS
       /* SET NOCOUNT ON */
       SELECT *
       FROM site_Settings

RETURN

Not sure if this is right, but it did create the procedure so.....Also just so you all know the site is www.pfaffgore.com.  That way you can see the actual error.  Any help please.

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:12 AM
  • User706866991 posted

What  I am thinking is first check the stored procedure on Go Daddy.  The code above made a procedure called dbo.site_GetSiteSettings, and that is probably is what is getting called from code.  However if you created your DB and ran the scripts to create tables, etc. they are more than likely created with your DB login ID on GO Daddy, the one passed in your connection string.

That is the first place I would start.  Make sure your tables, stored procedures, etc. match the ID you are passing in your connection string.  I just looked at mine, and all the aspnet items are dbo, but all of my addin or custom stuff has an owner name that must match what is being passed in the connection string.

Next make sure you code is using the same users name.

You have found one of the most tedious tasks to me.  When you use the scripts and code you have to replace the user ID's and the like to match your specific install.  When dealing with the DB stuff it is very time consuming.

Keep us posted on your progress and success.  Let us know if you need more assistance.

Bob

Saturday, July 29, 2006 12:52 PM
  • User53255033 posted

So, what I found was that I had missed some tables that needed to be created and some stored procedures htat were missing.  I have corrected that problem.  Now what I have is a new error message.

The file '/Master Pages/.master' does not exist.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/Master Pages/.master' does not exist.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/Master Pages/.master' does not exist.]
       System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) +3366759
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +109
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +93
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +51
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +90
       System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +103
       System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +48
       System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +18
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +543

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Anyone ever seen this one?  Any ideas as to what or how to fix this?

Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:50 PM
  • User53255033 posted
    Okay, problem fixed.  New problem.  Does anyone know how to add a user manually in the aspnet_users table on godaddy.com?
    Monday, July 31, 2006 6:02 PM
  • User706866991 posted

Do a search for Go Daddy Walk Through in this forum.  I believe it is step 26 that has you extract some info from your local DB and add it to your go daddy DB. 

Bob

Monday, July 31, 2006 8:00 PM
  • User53255033 posted

Hey Bob!   I've done that but the problem is there are no users for the second step.  The second step wants to extract the userid.  Without the user there is no userid.  That is why I am trying to add a user in it.  I would do it through the live site but it still is not running right.  Wierd error message.  Check it out.  www.pfaffgore.com

Michael

Monday, July 31, 2006 8:29 PM
  • User706866991 posted

Looks like the blog_entry isn't defined in d:\hosting\mspfaff\App_Code\BlogManager.vb:129

Take a look at the BlogManager.vb and find the blog_entry detail.  Looks lik ea round line 129.  That should be defined somehwre either in code ot in the DB.

I haven't used the personal starter kit yet, but have a job to develop a web site for a photographer and thought it wouldbe a good start.  I guess I'll get more familiar with it quickly.

Bob

Monday, July 31, 2006 11:22 PM
  • User53255033 posted

Hey Bob.  I have been racking my brain on this.  Could you elaberate a little more on what you are thinking regarding defining this code.  It all looks good to me, but what do I know!  lol  Thanks.

Michael

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 5:56 PM
  • User706866991 posted

Michael

Getting ready to post a site based on the Personal Kit today so I should have a better undersanding of the issue.  I will be posting on Go Daddy

Please standby

Bob

Friday, August 4, 2006 11:43 AM
  • User362990094 posted

Hi, MaineOne - I've just completed my Web site using Viz Web Dev 2005 Express.  My SQL needs included basic user registration (about 10 fields) and some user-submitted applications I'd like to track. 

I expected to be able to transfer the SQL db straight onto GoDaddy and have found, like the other writers here, that this is a difficult if not impossible experience.

I am wondering what you would advise for this:

= Find a new host (I saw your reference for crystaltech, but because I will be streaming media, I really want disk space.  I also saw a HostingFest recommendation).

= Hire you to upload my db either at GoDaddy or another site (what is your rate and availability).

= Give up on user registration to access my site and switch to forms that can be e-mailed and captured to my local db.

= Another option I'm not advanced enough to know.

Thanks for any tips and for the original guidance.  dma

Friday, September 1, 2006 1:37 PM