SqlDependency and SqlNotification objects used in MSDN samples RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on Visual Studio.NET 2005 Beta 2 with SQL Server 2005 June CTP on this sample.  I have several comments on the samples.
    1) the OnChanged event on the SqlDeendency class is no longer existing but rather an OnChange event (without the d)
    2) When running the Watcher application, it always refreshes the page, giving an impression that the application is always busy.

I would like to look at this as an alternative to event classes in building enterprise applications in .NET using COM+.  Is there anyway that the Watcher application will behave this way?

Thanks.
    Monday, August 8, 2005 1:11 PM

Answers

• Your question is related to SQL Server Query Notifications. I would recommend posting your question or issues with the sample on the SQL Server Data Access and/or the .NET Framework Data Access and Storage forum. I've seen folks replying to questions on the .NET Framework Data Access and Storage forum.

This forum is focused on SQL Server Notification Services (SQL-NS). I agree the names can be confusing. SQL-NS (in a nutshell) is a platform based on the pub-sub model of gathering "external" events and deliver customized notifications through various different delivery channels like email, SMS, etc. This is probably not what you're looking for.

Hope you find the right people to answer your question.

Regards,
    Anand

Monday, August 8, 2005 6:42 PM