Is there a way to restrict your application to have a minimum resolution of 1080i RRS feed

• Question

• User335367 posted

I was wondering If there was a way to restrict an app to 1080i resolution for UWP, iOS, and Android for Xamarin Forms. I saw ways to set the minimum API and such for platforms, is this the most you can do?

Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:38 PM

Answers

• User379860 posted

Nope, Forms can not restrict resolution for app.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 2:18 PM
  • User89714 posted

@PenutButterJellyHead said: I was wondering If there was a way to restrict an app to 1080i resolution for UWP, iOS, and Android for Xamarin Forms. I saw ways to set the minimum API and such for platforms, is this the most you can do?

You could check the resolution when your app starts and if it's too low then pop up a message and refuse to function further. But why would you? In the same way that web pages should be able to cope with use on devices with different screen resolutions, so should mobile apps. There are limits of course, but not that affect most apps.

Hopefully FlexLayout will become more polished as, when it works, it is a fundamental way of handling different screen resolutions.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 2:49 PM

All replies

• User379860 posted

Nope, Forms can not restrict resolution for app.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 2:18 PM
  • User89714 posted

@PenutButterJellyHead said: I was wondering If there was a way to restrict an app to 1080i resolution for UWP, iOS, and Android for Xamarin Forms. I saw ways to set the minimum API and such for platforms, is this the most you can do?

You could check the resolution when your app starts and if it's too low then pop up a message and refuse to function further. But why would you? In the same way that web pages should be able to cope with use on devices with different screen resolutions, so should mobile apps. There are limits of course, but not that affect most apps.

Hopefully FlexLayout will become more polished as, when it works, it is a fundamental way of handling different screen resolutions.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 2:49 PM