Internet Explorer 10 Metro UI - How can I delete the browsing history in the Metro style Internet Explorer 10?

Question

• Is there any setting to  the delete the browsing history on IE 10 Metro? And to delete any of the frequent visited sites?

And a suggestion, in IE10 when pinning a website, it should show a tile with the logo of the webpage, or maybe a screenshot (like Windows Phone does) instead the "e" logo with different colors.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:58 PM

Answers

• I think the desktop version and the metro version both share the same browsing history. Try deleting the history from the desktop version - and tell us if it deletes it for the metro ver as well
    • Marked as answer by jahXP Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:07 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hey this is still a developer preview mate! and even IE is still in a PP state. Give it some time, I'm sure it will look more like WP later on.
    And to delete your history, I've got no other clue than to use Ccleaner.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:00 PM
  • go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5

Ctrl+a

shift+delete.

Voila!!!!

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:10 PM
  • I think the desktop version and the metro version both share the same browsing history. Try deleting the history from the desktop version - and tell us if it deletes it for the metro ver as well
    • Marked as answer by jahXP Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:07 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:19 PM
  • Yes, desktop IE versión and the Metro one shares the same browsing history. Deleting it through desktop versión works! Thanks for the idea.
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:07 PM