none
Known Issue – Unable to deploy apps when targeting Windows 10, version 1809 (Windows 10 1809 SDK (17763), October 2018 release.) RRS feed

• Question

• When attempting to deploy my application with F5 in Visual Studio, I get the following error: DEP3321:   To deploy this application, your deployment target should be running Windows Universal Runtime version 10.0.17763.0 or higher.  You currently are running version <10.0.XXXXX.0>.  Please update your OS, or change your deployment target to a device with the appropriate version.

Furthermore, when I attempt to update to Windows 1809, Windows update says there is no build available.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:16 PM

Answers

• Windows applications can only run the same min target version build of the operation system (OS) or greater.  You must either change the minimum target platform to you current OS or update to the build 1809.

To change your minimum version for your project

1. In Visual Studio, right click on the project in the Solution Explorer.
    2. Choose Properties
    3. In the Min Version drop down, select an OS with a version equal to or less than your OS.

To update your OS. 

Windows update is rolling out the Windows 10, version 1809 update in phases.  Your PC may not be considered ready for the update at present.  For advanced developer users who want to get ready and to deploy their apps with Windows 10, version 1809, you can manually update your PC to Windows build 1809 by following these steps:

1. Disable Developer Settings
      1. From the Start Menu type “Developer Settings”
      2. Select “Developer Settings”
      3. In the “Developer Settings” page, select “Microsoft Store apps”, therefore unselecting Developer Mode.
    2. Install the Windows Update from here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:19 PM