Server Explorer - Add Subnet Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a small network of 8 vm's on Azure, not in a domain, just in the same subnet. Three of them are WebServers (WS) and one of them is a VS 2017 Load Testing (VS-LT) machine (the other ones are db, lb, etc).

The issue that I encounter is the inability to connect the web servers within the server explorer of the VS-LT so that I can use their data for Goal Step Testing / Graph plotting / etc.

All firewalls are disabled.

Any idea how I might accomplish this task? (Ports / Permissions / etc)

Kind regards,

Ionut

Monday, March 20, 2017 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi I IC C,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

>>The issue that I encounter is the inability to connect the web servers within the server explorer of the VS-LT so that I can use their data for Goal Step Testing / Graph plotting / etc.

Your problem is the server could not be found or was not accessible? Please share me the steps that I could help you repro your issue in my side.

And if there errors happened, please share us it.

Please refer to the following MSDN document, whether it is your wanted?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-web/web-sites-dotnet-troubleshoot-visual-studio

Best Regards,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Hello Oscar,

Thank you for addressing the issue.

Until my account is verified, we'll have to use OneDrive for file sharing.

Please copy / paste in a browser the following url: https://4aldeg.dm2304.livefilestore.com/y3md8-5-Zai91sfcA6FVgGdXB6kpbbQKgdf9zz_G0bxAT0dqj-UG97kPkwLeDKu0gykS8-UcjhKCj1zUhQFPLuIen_Uv8mXQcBkdl-7AU9aLQ2Hog_IOdhe9JthG_8ePOyOnEPslEFjKJg2pqh4XwJAFgv-7g4Tzz5Y5R6UMfVgsUI?width=1508&height=1035&cropmode=none

Regards,

Ionut

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:17 PM
  • Hi Ionut C,

You could use your server name(10.0.0.4 server computer’s name) to connection, please refer to below steps and screenshot:

1. Open Add Server dialog box.
    2. Input servername in Computer textbox.
    3. Click Connect using a different user name…, Open Connect As dialog box.
    4. Input username in User name textbox.

Note: this user should be the server’s user.

You can open Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts, click Manage User Accounts, click Add button to add another user in server.

5. Input password in Password textbox.

Best Regards,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Oscar_Wu Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:16 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, March 24, 2017 1:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, March 24, 2017 3:29 PM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:15 AM
  • Hello again,

Oh... dear Oscar I've tried are re-tried any variation of these settings right from the begging. They behave the same... producing the same error.

I run all firewalls disabled, so there should be no conflict between the machines.

The only thing it crosses my mind is endpoint configuration inside the azure portal. Would you be so kind to tell me the running ports of this service / these services. I would like to create end points with permit options inside the subnet.

Regards,

Ionut

Friday, March 24, 2017 11:28 AM
  • Hi friend,

Please refer to this example, if you want to connect Machine A to Machine B:

1).  please let A and B in a same domain;

2). add login account of A to machine B that we could log in B with machine A's account.

then you could connect to server B in VS, in my side I could implement this.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 24, 2017 12:41 PM
  • Dear Oscar,

There is no other way but the domain option? I really don't want to create a domain machine to be able to link two servers to a load test environment.

Some deep pocket suggestion of how to go around the domain scenario ?

Regards,

Ionut

Friday, March 24, 2017 2:10 PM
  • Hi Ionut,

To run the load test in different machines which are not in the same domain or in work group mode, it really has the account requirement:

If the computers in a rig are running in Work Group mode, that is, they are not in a domain, or they are running in different non-trusted domains, reate local computer accounts on the controller. The accounts should have a matching password for each user who will access the controller, including the Agent service users.

For example, you have three computers, Controller1, Agent1, and
    Agent2. You must create local computer accounts on each computer for the agent
    service user and controller user. You also must make sure an administrator
    account exists on all three computers with the same username and password.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/edglas/2007/02/17/load-agent-and-load-controller-installation-and-configuration-guide/

But if you mean that you couldn't connect to the server which was related to the Azure, I suggest you post this issue to the Azure forum, at least, we could know that what the permission requirements if you want to connect to the server.

A blog also shared some requirements here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vs-azure-tools-virtual-machines-access-from-server-explorer

I think you could find the Azure forum here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=windowsazuremanagement

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:51 AM