Office Online Server with SharePoint 2016 : Server Error We're sorry. An error has occurred. We've logged the error for the server administrator Server Error We're sorry. An error has occurred. We've logged the error for the server administrator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have configured Office online Server  with SharePoint 2016. It was working fine. Yesterday my system gets shut down all of sudden due to some reason. When I tried to open office documents in our SharePoint Site in browser it gives below error.

I have checked "http://servername/hosting/discovery" also, its working fine. I am unable to fine the problem where it occurred all of sudden.

I am also not logged in Site with System Account.

Please help.

• Edited by shad24x7 Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:17 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:17 PM

Answers

• HI All,

just rebuild OOS server and join all those farm again and it all works fine now. 

Thanks to All :) 

• Marked as answer by shad24x7 Friday, November 15, 2019 11:31 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 11:31 AM

All replies

• OfficeWebApps (OWA) always need to be installed on a separate Server. So we first have to find out where it is installed.

• Execute Get-SPWopiBinding in a SharePoint Management Shell on your SharePoint Server. You will find your OWA-Hostname in the attribute ServerName

• Execute Get-SPWopiZone. Note the protocol (HTTP or HTTPS)

• Then connect to your OWA-Server, start a PowerShell as Administrator and enter Get-OfficeWebAppsFarm. This will display your OWA-Configuration.

• Make sure, that the hostname in Internal URL matches the ServerName on your SharePoint WOPI-Binding. Please note that ServerName only shows a Hostname, no protocol (like HTTP oder HTTPS). This is OK! The Protocol must match the value of your WOPIZone.

Below articles have same issue, check those solutions if that can help or not

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/70034f7e-af89-4803-b280-af48f1083e26/server-error-were-sorry-an-error-has-occurred-weve-logged-the-error-for-the-server?forum=sharepointadmin

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/207191/server-errors-with-documents-in-sharepoint-server-2013

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:18 PM
  • Hi shad24x7.

Are you running Office Online on the same servers that are hosting SharePoint? If that's the case, remember that Office Online Server must be installed on separate servers.
    Check the "System" log in the Windows Event Viewer to get more detailed information about the reason of the system's crash. Also look in the SharePoint and OOS logs to see if there are more detailed information about the reason of the reported error.
    Check the status of the Office Online Server farm: on one of the OOS machines, open an administrative PowerShell and execute the Get-OfficeWebAppsFarm cmdlet.
    Check the binding of OOS to SharePoint: open an administrative SharePoint Management Shell on one of the SharePoint servers and execute the Get-SPWOPIBinding cmdlet.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:42 PM
  • Hi Shad24x7, 

Try to rebuild the binding using PowerShell command as below:

Remove-SPWOPIBinding All:$true

New-SPWOPIBinding -ServerName <ServerName>

Get-SPWOPIZone

Set-SPWOPIZone -zone <string>

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeonlineserver/configure-office-online-server-for-sharepoint-server-2016/configure-office-online-server-for-sharepoint-server-2016

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 15, 2019 6:11 AM
  • HI All,

just rebuild OOS server and join all those farm again and it all works fine now. 

• Marked as answer by shad24x7 Friday, November 15, 2019 11:31 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 11:31 AM
  • HI All,

You're welcome.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Friday, November 15, 2019 1:43 PM