Downloading problem netframework for streaming tv from dishnetwork RRS feed

• Question

• Download will not complete. It tells me I need to remove netframe first. I opened add\remove noticed 3 sevice packs for net frame. Did not remove. Tried to install a second time and it said to remove netframe first. Again opened add\remove but now there is no netframe at all? Do I try to install again? Edit to above, service packs are still there. Question do I need to remove these? I do not see any other netframe other than the service packs... I do see Silverlight I remember this being installed long ago. Is this part of the netframe family? Microsoft .NET Famework is incompatible with a previously installed one. For  more information, see http//support.microsoft.com/support/kd/articles/q312/5/00.asp this is the error message I am getting.

Saturday, March 5, 2011 4:04 PM

Answers

• Please provide the following details for targeted suggestons:

1. Exactly what software product are you trying to install, and is there a support link for that product?

2. As .NET Frameworks are independent of each other, it's unusual that a software installer would instruct you to remove a framework. What .NET Framework version were you instructed to remove?

3. What version of Windows are you using? Are all service packs for that version installed? Note that modern Windows versions, like Vista and 7 have .NET Frameworks installed as part of the OS. You cannot remove them.

In general, yes, you should remove service packs for an installed product before removing the base product.

• Proposed as answer by Andrew.Wu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew.Wu Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:58 AM
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 3:52 PM