[UWP]Error log & app review RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

A user installed the UWP(JS) application. But, after installing user faced an issue and left a negative feedback for my app.

Now I need to know,

- How can I trace the issue that user has faced?

- I responded to the user onthe review. but,user is not responding. so how can I get user detail(email / contact no.) so that I can contact the user?

Thanks,
    Ashwin

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:49 PM

Answers

• hi

From Visual studio app center we still will not get details like username, email? 

no as Microsoft protect their customers and even if (regarding reporting from the link i posted before) you are not allowed to contact the customer

"...If Microsoft exposes you to any Personal Information in the Error Reporting Data, then between you and Microsoft, that Personal Information is Microsoft Confidential Information..."

So we need to contact that user and check the issue. 

i think a good way to handle that is to respond to the review from the dashboard and offer your intention to troubleshoot with him and support him (and hope the user will respond...) but that's what you already did

Do you think MS will provide the client details in this case?

no as this would be a criminal offence (check the agreement's you have agreed to comply with)

br
    Andre

Friday, June 22, 2018 1:23 PM

All replies

• hi

- How can I trace the issue that user has faced?

For monitoring Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications, Microsoft recommend Visual Studio App Center

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/app-center/

- I responded to the user onthe review. but,user is not responding. so how can I get user detail(email / contact no.) so that I can contact the user?

the response near user review is the best you could do

you don't have access to customer details and even if (for example Microsoft would provide you app crash data which could contain personal information) you have agreed that this information is Microsoft Confidential Information

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/windows/agreements/app-developer-agreement

9. Reporting a., b. and c.

br
    Andre

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 10:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, Andre for your quick response. 
    From Visual studio app center we still will not get details like username, email? We can see analytics reports in that. 

The app didn't crash. I think the user was not able to fill the form in the app and some validation keep popping up. So we need to contact that user and check the issue. 

Regards,

Ashwin

Friday, June 22, 2018 11:40 AM
  • hi

From Visual studio app center we still will not get details like username, email? 

no as Microsoft protect their customers and even if (regarding reporting from the link i posted before) you are not allowed to contact the customer

"...If Microsoft exposes you to any Personal Information in the Error Reporting Data, then between you and Microsoft, that Personal Information is Microsoft Confidential Information..."

So we need to contact that user and check the issue. 

i think a good way to handle that is to respond to the review from the dashboard and offer your intention to troubleshoot with him and support him (and hope the user will respond...) but that's what you already did

no as this would be a criminal offence (check the agreement's you have agreed to comply with)

br
    Andre

Friday, June 22, 2018 1:23 PM
  • Hi,

Thanx Andre,

We will wait for customer to respond on review/feedback.

Monday, June 25, 2018 7:27 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates about the problem?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:44 AM