none
Tanks v1.0 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello, everyone! I would like to introduce my latest game... Tanks! The object of this game is to hit the AI tank before he hits you. This game is made possible by Zock77's Fireing Extension, so thanks to him! I hope you like this, and if you have any improvements, PLEASE post your ideas or some code. Sorry about my sloppy code... I don't comment much. If anyone has any ideas for randomly generated terrain, please let me know.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?v00i0h6h394c3s4

-Noah J. Buscher "Nothing is Impossible Until Proven Impossible."

Sunday, August 19, 2012 7:32 PM

All replies

• Yay! After some more development, I am proud to announce Tanks v0.2! This new version contains:

• Boom Sound Effect
    • Gas Limit
    • Limit on Shot Height
    • Changed Enemy Spawn Point So it Does Not go Off Edge
    • Various Small Bug Fixes

Get the Program Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?c5a61xkk9bkq614

THIS PROGRAM WAS MADE POSSIBLE BY ZOCK77'S EXTENSION.

Monday, August 20, 2012 9:52 PM
  • Nice game.

I do have a few suggestions however.

1 - Ability to increase power and angel of shot using keyboard and space to shoot would be nice.

2 - Random terrain would be an interesting design.

Keep up the good work.

Monday, August 20, 2012 11:01 PM
  • I agree! I don't know how easy it it to generate random terrain in Small Basic, though. I think the best way would be to create a random number function or sine function.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:15 AM
  • Nice Game! keep up the good work!

One thing that is impossible is impossible no matter if it is proven so first.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks! Sorry for the late reply... busy. :)

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:58 PM
  • Here's a simple algorithm for creating random terrain:

GraphicsWindow.BackgroundColor = "Blue"
    GraphicsWindow.PenColor = "Green"
    Height[0] = 200
    For i = 1 To GraphicsWindow.Width
      GroundHeight[i] = Height[i-1]+Math.GetRandomNumber(3)-2
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(i,GraphicsWindow.Height-GroundHeight[i],i,GraphicsWindow.Height)
    EndFor

It just adds either 1, 0, or -1 to the last height value.

It could be better, but I just made this in about 1 minute. So......

I am a 10 year old that loves math, games, and computers. 'Binary is as easy as 1, 10, 11.'

• Edited by Math Man Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:45 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 9:34 PM
  • Wow! Great code! I was at that same point, but I need the tank to detect where the land is. I was thinking of using the GraphicsWindow.GetPixel() to detect the color and allow the tank to move if the bottom is green. I could also use an array, but that would be a bit to much for me to do right now, for I am pretty busy with school. Any suggestions? Thanks!

-Noah J. Buscher "Coding is Art"

Saturday, October 20, 2012 3:02 PM
  • I've created a subroutine for moving a tank: You enter what you want the tank's position to be as 'TankX.' You also need to assign 'TankHeight' and 'TankWidth' as the tank's dimensions. And, lastly, you need to enter the graphics window height as 'Height' and the tank as 'Tank.' Using the array 'GroundHeight' created from the above code, it will move the tank to the y-coordinate associated with the x-coordinate.

Here it is:

Sub MoveTank
      Shapes.Move(Tank,TankX-TankWidth/2,Height-GroundHeight[TankX]-TankHeight)
    EndSub

I am a 10 year old that loves math, games, and computers. 'Binary is as easy as 1, 10, 11.'

• Edited by Math Man Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:45 PM
    Saturday, October 20, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Nice program! Good work, Noah.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:16 PM
    Answerer
  • You could add wind to your tanks program.

Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:39 PM
  • BTW I came out with a Zock77Math Extention. does anyone want it? (It has XML)

Monday, October 22, 2012 2:07 AM
    Answerer
  • Cool! Does it have ArcTan2?

Monday, October 22, 2012 2:46 AM
  • No, not yet. it has A few formulas like Fire (Y = Gravity * (Time * Time) + offset) and things like that. But if you can explane ArcTan2 to me I will try to put it in.

Monday, October 22, 2012 3:18 PM
    Answerer
  • A good explanation is on wikipedia here.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:15 AM
  • OK I got it. it will be out today.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:03 PM
    Answerer