Windows 10 oddity RRS feed

• Question

• Using VFP8 & VFP9, if I re-size the "do" window, I can only make the window larger but cannot re-size smaller. ie, you can drag wider but not narrower, taller but not shorter. Examples are below. Does anyone else have the same issue? I had to delete the resource file in order to reset the size.

Mike z

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:50 PM

Answers

• FWIW, I'm using Windows 7 and VFP 9 SP2 and I can shrink that window, but only so much. It won't get narrower than required to show Name and Date Modified columns, or shorter than required to show all the icons (Recent Places, etc.) on the left.

Tamar

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:36 PM
    Answerer
  • This issue is now solved in one of the recent Windows 10 updates.

Mike z

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:26 PM

All replies

• FWIW, I'm using Windows 7 and VFP 9 SP2 and I can shrink that window, but only so much. It won't get narrower than required to show Name and Date Modified columns, or shorter than required to show all the icons (Recent Places, etc.) on the left.

Tamar

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:36 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the reply Tamar. There is no problem under windows 8/8.1 either. Only Windows 10. Once you drag wide, or high, there is no going backwards. Weird. It does not affect screens themselves with sizable borderstyle, just seems to affect the VFP IDE "do" window. The project window re-sizes OK.

Mike z

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:43 PM
  • Michael, have you made any progress with this issue?
    Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:48 AM
  • This issue is now solved in one of the recent Windows 10 updates.

Mike z

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:26 PM